Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- People’s Pint Brewing Opening Today in TorontoMarch 16, 2018
- Wellington Brewery & Anderson Craft Ales Release Dubbelbürg Belgian-Style DubbelMarch 16, 2018
- Initial Details Announced for Ontario Brewing Awards 2018March 15, 2018
- Beard Free Brewing Opening Next Weekend in PeterboroughMarch 15, 2018
- The Growler Launching Ontario Edition This SpringMarch 14, 2018
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking an Apricot + Citra Dry-Hopped Sour by Rouge River Brewing CompanySplit at tasting. Seems muddled at first, but opens up really nicely, with lovely balance of apricot, sweet orange & sour lemon.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barrel of Cherries by Spindrift Brewing CompanyShared at tasting. Quite a hit of sour cherry up front. Red wine and chocolate. Bit of oak. One complaint: it’s kinda thin. But tastes nice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Triskaidekaphobia by Boxing Rock BrewingShared at tasting. Vanilla, cherry, hazelnut, chocolate, bitter almond - quite complex. Also older than is ideal but still quite good.
- Greg C. is drinking a Sang Du Chêne by Cascade Brewing Company (USA)Shared at tasting. Gorgeous complexity - cognac-soaked apricot, tart strawberry, vanilla, bitter orange, & more & more. Fan-freaking-tactic!
- Greg C. is drinking a Milk Stout by Riverhead Brewing CompanySplit at tasting. Nice roast malt & burnt sugar aroma. Flavour of heavily sweeted cafe mocha laced with caramel. Too sweet for my taste.