Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases 2017 Vintage of Hibernator Imperial StoutDecember 15, 2017
- Spencer Brewery Trappist Ale Now Available in Ontario at the LCBODecember 15, 2017
- Left Field Brewery Releases Blackburne Imperial StoutDecember 15, 2017
- Contract Brewing Facility Equals Brewing Company Opening in London Next YearDecember 14, 2017
- Wellington Brewery Releasing Pair of Barley WinesDecember 14, 2017
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Galactic Pale Ale by Granite Brewery at King & DufferinNice elements here - clear & bright body, pine & tropical fruit notes, clean on the palate - but feels a bit reined in, lacks a spark.
- Greg C. is drinking a Green Monster by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinHops are big enough that they mostly take the sweet edge off the lactose, at least until it starts to warm up. Nice mouthfeel though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Twenty Mile Farmhouse Ale by Bench Brewing Company at King & DufferinHas less prickliness than I recall, but still has a bit of an edge, with notes of lemon and pepper & an underlying dusty dryness.
- Greg C. is drinking a Stone Xocoveza by Stone Brewing at King & DufferinNot usually keen on beers brewed with peppers, but in this case, it’s well integrated with the other spices. Helps that base beer is great.
- Greg C. is drinking a Breakfast Stout by Founders Brewing Co. at King & DufferinStill a goddamn classic. Respect.