Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 20th to 26th, 2018July 19, 2018
- Kichesippi Beer Continues Kich Staff Picks Series with Laura’s Sour Cherry Wheat AleJuly 19, 2018
- Bandit Brewery YY* Series Continues with YY*→PMI Cantaloupe Milkshake IPAJuly 19, 2018
- NOW Magazine Beer Issue 2018 Now AvailableJuly 19, 2018
- Burdock Brewery Releasing BUMO V Collaboration with Pearl Morissette WineryJuly 18, 2018
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Jelly Kiss by Bellwoods Brewery at Bellwoods BreweryExcellent mash-up of the two beers - light, tart, slightly salty - and passionfruit is a perfect addition. Could drink gallons of this!
- Greg C. is drinking a Bretty Bates II by Shacklands Brewing Company at King & DufferinLaidback funkiness, dark berries, red wine, wood - not sure if it was barrel aged, but it certainly tastes like it. Nice long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hickson Porter Baltique by Brasserie Les 2 Frères at King & Dufferin2016 bottle. A bit oxidized but it works with the strong & malty beer. Dark caramel, coffee, burnt hazelnut, warm finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a 100th Meridian Organic Amber Lager by Mill Street Brewery at King & DufferinI agree with my assessment of the pre-organic version in Nov - it’s not as flavourful as in its early days. Perhaps even less so now.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bumo (Version IV) by Burdock at King & DufferinNotes of red wine, cherry wood, fruit gums, elegant funk. Pretty special stuff.