Flying Monkeys The Matador Imperial IPA Heading for LCBO
On February 12, 2013 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 20th to 26th, 2018July 19, 2018
- Kichesippi Beer Continues Kich Staff Picks Series with Laura’s Sour Cherry Wheat AleJuly 19, 2018
- Bandit Brewery YY* Series Continues with YY*→PMI Cantaloupe Milkshake IPAJuly 19, 2018
- NOW Magazine Beer Issue 2018 Now AvailableJuly 19, 2018
- Burdock Brewery Releasing BUMO V Collaboration with Pearl Morissette WineryJuly 18, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery is preparing to follow up the BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout released via the LCBO late last year with another limited edition beer that will be available at the Ontario liquor store chain.
The Matador Imperial IPA, a 10% abv & 88 IBU cedar-aged ale created for the 8th anniversary of Flying Monkeys, is described as follows:
As an Imperial IPA, The Matador is full of drama and colour playing to the expectant passions of true beer aficionados. Fresh aromas of sweet cedar wood smolder in the warmth of this beer’s 10% ABV while Amarillo hops give this Imperial IPA astounding citrus flavours pushing its bittering to a solid 88 IBUs. The Matador is an artisanal beer truly worthy of Imperial status. Olé!
The Matador will be available soon at select LCBO outlets in boxed 750 ml bottles. The size of the edition and price point are still to be confirmed.
- Greg C. is drinking a Jelly Kiss by Bellwoods Brewery at Bellwoods BreweryExcellent mash-up of the two beers - light, tart, slightly salty - and passionfruit is a perfect addition. Could drink gallons of this!
- Greg C. is drinking a Bretty Bates II by Shacklands Brewing Company at King & DufferinLaidback funkiness, dark berries, red wine, wood - not sure if it was barrel aged, but it certainly tastes like it. Nice long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hickson Porter Baltique by Brasserie Les 2 Frères at King & Dufferin2016 bottle. A bit oxidized but it works with the strong & malty beer. Dark caramel, coffee, burnt hazelnut, warm finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a 100th Meridian Organic Amber Lager by Mill Street Brewery at King & DufferinI agree with my assessment of the pre-organic version in Nov - it’s not as flavourful as in its early days. Perhaps even less so now.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bumo (Version IV) by Burdock at King & DufferinNotes of red wine, cherry wood, fruit gums, elegant funk. Pretty special stuff.