Flying Monkeys The Matador Imperial IPA Heading for LCBO
On February 12, 2013 At 10:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Muskoka Brewery Announces Line-Up For Moonlight Kettle 2019 SeriesOctober 17, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Releases Tempest Imperial NEIPAOctober 16, 2018
- Cameron’s Brewing First Light Session Lager Gets Solo ReleaseOctober 16, 2018
- High Park Brewery Acquires Draught Dodger BreweryOctober 15, 2018
- Muddy York Brewing Brings Back Diving Horse Pale AleOctober 12, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery is preparing to follow up the BNL Imperial Chocolate Stout released via the LCBO late last year with another limited edition beer that will be available at the Ontario liquor store chain.
The Matador Imperial IPA, a 10% abv & 88 IBU cedar-aged ale created for the 8th anniversary of Flying Monkeys, is described as follows:
As an Imperial IPA, The Matador is full of drama and colour playing to the expectant passions of true beer aficionados. Fresh aromas of sweet cedar wood smolder in the warmth of this beer’s 10% ABV while Amarillo hops give this Imperial IPA astounding citrus flavours pushing its bittering to a solid 88 IBUs. The Matador is an artisanal beer truly worthy of Imperial status. Olé!
The Matador will be available soon at select LCBO outlets in boxed 750 ml bottles. The size of the edition and price point are still to be confirmed.
- Greg C. is drinking a Farm Table: Dortmunder by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company at King & DufferinVery good Dortmunder with bread crust maltiness, herbal noble hops, hint of sulphur and some light minerality. Good balance throughout.
- Greg C. is drinking a Forever Sparkling by Folly Brewpub at King & DufferinExpected bright & effervescent based on name so haze is a bit disappointing, but it’s delicious - pineapple, lime zest, mandarin & more.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hitachino Nest Saison Du Japon by Kiuchi Brewery at Sho IzakayaSweeter & fuller in body than I usually like for the style, but the yuzu and malted rice both add some interesting flavour characteristics.
- Greg C. is drinking an Elvis Juice by BrewDog at Henderson BrewingA beer called “Elvis Juice” should really be the best beer ever made. This beer isn’t. But it’s still a rather nice grapefruit-infused IPA.
- Greg C. is drinking a Vagabond Pale Ale by BrewDog at Henderson BrewingGluten free? Really? Honestly wouldn’t know if you didn’t tell me. Just a nice pale ale with a herbal/soapy note to the hops.