Central City & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaboration Ale
On May 13, 2013 At 3:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Old Yale Brewing Releases Craft Camper Variety Pack for Winter 2018-19November 16, 2018
- Yeast Van Brewery District Collective Releases Pacific Northwest IPANovember 16, 2018
- Black Swan Brewing Celebrating Grand Re-Opening This WeekendNovember 16, 2018
- The Growler Ontario Winter 2018 Issue Now AvailableNovember 16, 2018
- Forked River Brewing Announces Preview Tasting Event for Flanders Red AleNovember 16, 2018
Imperial Red On Red Collaboration Ale is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red On Red was brewed at Central City, and will be released soon in a limited run of bottles available at select private liquor stores in BC, and on tap at the Central City Brewpub.
A second batch will be brewed soon at Flying Monkeys, and will be released in Ontario sometime this summer, with format and distribution details to be confirmed.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Starfruit by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryPurists may sniff as it’s not completely on style, even without the fruit. But it’s a fine tart beer with tasty starfruit & a hint of salt.
- Greg C. is drinking a 25e Anniversaire by Unibroue at King & Dufferin1+ year old. Apparently the cherries on the label weren’t obvious enough for me to realize this would be cherry flavoured. Well done though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Saison Dupont by Brasserie Dupont at King & DufferinIt’s Saison Dupont. What more do I need to say? #desertislandbeer
- Greg C. is drinking a When In Rome by Bar Hop at Bar Hop BrewcoFruit-flavoured stouts aren’t usually my kinda thing, but this is a good one. Berry flavours are very natural & work well with the beer.
- Greg C. is drinking a Steadfast by Tooth And Nail Brewing Company at Bar Hop BrewcoTicks all the boxes - dry roast malt, cocoa, hints of coffee & toasted nuts, bit of twiggy bitterness. A spot-on porter!