Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale Coming to Ontario at Session Toronto
On June 13, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : No Comments
- Left Field Prospect Single Hop IPA Series Continues With AmarilloSeptember 30, 2014
- Jamie Kennedy Declines Role as Executive Chef at Duggan’s BrewerySeptember 30, 2014
- Cartwright Springs Brewery Opening Later This Year Near OttawaSeptember 30, 2014
- Smithworks Releases New Beers & Plans Oktoberfest PartySeptember 30, 2014
- Mill Street Oktoberfest 2014 Taking Place This WeekendSeptember 29, 2014
TORONTO, ON – Red on Red, an Imperial Red Ale created via a collaboration between BC’s Central City Brewing and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery, will be making its Ontario debut later this month at the Session Toronto beer festival.
The pan-provincial collaboration was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer. The end result is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year, and was released in BC last month in limited quantities. A second batch will be brewed at Flying Monkeys later this month when Central City’s brewmaster Gary Lohin is in Ontario for the Session event, with distribution details for Ontario to be announced.
CBN on Twitter
- RT @beerboozebites: 1st course at @OliverBonacini #ViveLeQuebec - Foie gras & duck confit poutine p/w @TrouDuDiable Saison du Tracteur http…
about 58 mins ago
- RT @beerboozebites: Amuse bouche at @OliverBonacini #ViveLeQuebec - Scallop ceviche p/w Cidrerie St-Nicolas Crémant Light Cider http://t.co…
about 59 mins ago
- RT @beerboozebites: Nice looking menu for tonight's #ViveLeQuebec beer & cider dinner by @ChefARay at @OliverBonacini Biff's Bistro http://…
about 2 hours ago
- Salt Spring Island (@SaltSpringAles) Whale Tale Ale Returning This Week: wp.me/pTQFC-2fL #BCCraftBeer
about 3 hours ago
- Left Field (@LFbrewery) Prospect Single Hop IPA Series Continues With Amarillo: wp.me/pTQFC-2fI #ONCraftBeer
about 5 hours ago
Phillips Hoperation Tripel Cross
Brewery: Phillips Brewing, Victoria, BC
Style: Belgian-style IPA
Pours a clear, bright, almost glowing golden with a massive rocky white head that recedes to a thin cap but never completely disappears. Aroma shows a nice combo of the Belgian Tripel and West Coast IPA styles, with a bubble-gum fruitiness and punchy & pungent citrus and pine hops playing off each other well. The flavour serves up just with the aroma promises, along with a slight spicy/peppery edge, and a warm, moderately dry finish. Like all style hybrids, so-called “Belgian IPAs” can be hit or miss - but this one is pretty clearly in the “hit” column.