Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale Coming to Ontario at Session Toronto
On June 13, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : No Comments
- Highlander Brew Co. Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for New BreweryApril 20, 2015
- Clocktower Brew Pub Releases White Stout as Newest SeasonalApril 20, 2015
- Details Announced & Tickets On Sale for Brewers Plate 2015April 17, 2015
- Forked River Brewing Pushing for Changes to Brewery Retail Store RulingApril 17, 2015
- More Details on Ontario Beer Retailing ChangesApril 17, 2015
TORONTO, ON – Red on Red, an Imperial Red Ale created via a collaboration between BC’s Central City Brewing and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery, will be making its Ontario debut later this month at the Session Toronto beer festival.
The pan-provincial collaboration was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer. The end result is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year, and was released in BC last month in limited quantities. A second batch will be brewed at Flying Monkeys later this month when Central City’s brewmaster Gary Lohin is in Ontario for the Session event, with distribution details for Ontario to be announced.
CBN on Twitter
- RT @winterlongbeer: It's official: we can legally start brewing beer! As of today, there are 2 breweries in the Yukon. http://t.co/skgwPliR…
about 10 hours ago
- Phillips (@phillipsbeer) Apteryx IPA Released This Week: wp.me/pTQFC-2yo #BCCraftBeer
about 15 hours ago
- RT @GreatLakesBeer: Something to brighten a gloomy day.
These will be in #GLBretail store on Thursday!
#THRUSTanIPA #HuminaHumina http:…
about 16 hours ago
- Caldera Brewing (@calderabeer) Coming to BC & Alberta via TruCraft Beverages (@TruCraftBev): wp.me/pTQFC-2ym
about 17 hours ago
- Highlander Brew Co. (@Highlanderbrew) Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for New Brewery: wp.me/pTQFC-2yk #ONCraftBeer
about 19 hours ago
Olds College Prairie Gold IPA
Brewery: Olds College Brewery, Olds, AB
Light golden-copper with a very faint haze and a small, quick white head. Nice aroma of sharp but not obnoxious hops - citrus, blackcurrant, bit of pine - with a backing caramel sweetness. Flavour is well balanced, starting with barley candy sweetness, getting a big twiggy in the middle, and moving into a moderately bitter and pleasingly dry finish with orange peel and pine notes. There’s also a bit more boozy warmth toward the end than is ideal, but that’s not a deal-breaker - it’s a winning brew otherwise.