Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale Coming to Ontario at Session Toronto
On June 13, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : No Comments
- Spring 2015 Trillium Chapter Brewery Collectibles Show Announced for MarchJanuary 30, 2015
- The Publican House Opens New Retail Store, Planning Further ExpansionJanuary 30, 2015
- Bell City Opening Bricks & Mortar Brewery Next WeekendJanuary 30, 2015
- Beau’s Kicks Off FeBREWary 2015 Series with OG: Original GruitJanuary 29, 2015
- Arch Brewing Opening Bricks & Mortar Location in NewmarketJanuary 29, 2015
TORONTO, ON – Red on Red, an Imperial Red Ale created via a collaboration between BC’s Central City Brewing and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery, will be making its Ontario debut later this month at the Session Toronto beer festival.
The pan-provincial collaboration was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer. The end result is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year, and was released in BC last month in limited quantities. A second batch will be brewed at Flying Monkeys later this month when Central City’s brewmaster Gary Lohin is in Ontario for the Session event, with distribution details for Ontario to be announced.
CBN on Twitter
- Hoyne (@hoynebeer) Releases Hard Rain Double IPA: wp.me/pTQFC-2rj #BCCraftBeer
about 9 hours ago
- Spring 2015 Trillium Chapter Brewery Collectibles Show Announced for March: wp.me/pTQFC-2rf #ONCraftBeer
about 12 hours ago
- The Publican House (@publicanhouse) Opens New Retail Store, Planning Further Expansion: wp.me/pTQFC-2ri #ONCraftBeer
about 14 hours ago
- Bell City (@bellcitybeer) Opening Bricks & Mortar Brewery Next Weekend: wp.me/pTQFC-2rd #ONCraftBeer
about 15 hours ago
- R&B (@RandBBrewing) Chef Series Continues with Burnt Citrus Fruit Black ESB: wp.me/pTQFC-2rb #BCCraftBeer @campagnoloMain
about 1 day ago
Black Oak Nox Aeterna
Brewery: Black Oak Brewing, Etobicoke, ON
Style: Smoked Stout
Given that its name is Latin for “Eternal Night,” it’s fitting that this stout - which is brewed with coffee, oats and smoked malt - has a nearly black body with a dark brown cap. Coffee is by far the dominant element in the the aroma, supported by hickory smoke and roasted nuts. The flavour is moderately sweet to start, with dark cocoa and coffee notes that give way to wood smoke in the middle, and a slightly sour tone in the finish that provides a nice counterpoint. Could use a bit more body, but otherwise, it’s a very pleasant winter-friendly brew.