Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale Coming to Ontario at Session Toronto
On June 13, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Muddy York Brewing Brings Back Infinite Zest and Ward 20June 15, 2018
- Forked River Brewing Partners with Local Businesses on 5th Anniversary BeersJune 15, 2018
- Canadian Beer Festivals – June 15th to 21st, 2018June 14, 2018
- CONTEST: Win Tickets to The True North Beer FestivalJune 14, 2018
- Beau’s Brewing Wild Oats Series Continues with De Berry’s Treasure GoseJune 14, 2018
TORONTO, ON – Red on Red, an Imperial Red Ale created via a collaboration between BC’s Central City Brewing and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery, will be making its Ontario debut later this month at the Session Toronto beer festival.
The pan-provincial collaboration was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer. The end result is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year, and was released in BC last month in limited quantities. A second batch will be brewed at Flying Monkeys later this month when Central City’s brewmaster Gary Lohin is in Ontario for the Session event, with distribution details for Ontario to be announced.
- Greg C. is drinking a Racing the Sunset by Eastbound Brewing Co. at King & DufferinWell-made witbier that hits the right aroma & flavour notes for the style, with perhaps a touch more citrus than usual, but no complaints.
- Greg C. is drinking a Serendipitous Sour by People's Pint Brewing Company at King & DufferinGood kettle sour flavour, nice level of dry hopping, would just prefer more crispness and brightness in the body.
- Greg C. is drinking a Dunbar's Dream by Moon Dog Craft Brewery at Liquid Art Festival 2018An odd pairing of flavors, yet it works! Passionfruit brings out the fruitiness in the coffee. Smooth for its strength.
- Greg C. is drinking a Tomorrows by MERIT Brewing at Liquid Art Festival 2018Figured I should have at least one hometown beer at the fest. Really nice integration of tea into a just-sweet-enough Tripel.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ko Lanta by Dageraad Brewing at Liquid Art Festival 2018Nice Belgian blonde with a good hit of lime leaf and backnote of galangal. Unique flavours well integrated.