Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale Coming to Ontario at Session Toronto
On June 13, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Left Field Celebrating Anniversary Month With New Beers, Cask Fridays, Growler Program & CheeseFebruary 5, 2016
- Bellwoods Releasing New Batches of Skeleton Key & Bounty HunterFebruary 5, 2016
- Partner Brewing Operation Brunswick Bierworks Opening Soon in TorontoFebruary 5, 2016
- Muddy York Brewing Holding 1st Anniversary Tap Takeover This WeekendFebruary 4, 2016
- Beau’s Kicks Off FeBREWary 2016 Series with Tyrannosaurus Gruit & Farm Table: GrisetteFebruary 4, 2016
TORONTO, ON – Red on Red, an Imperial Red Ale created via a collaboration between BC’s Central City Brewing and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery, will be making its Ontario debut later this month at the Session Toronto beer festival.
The pan-provincial collaboration was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer. The end result is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year, and was released in BC last month in limited quantities. A second batch will be brewed at Flying Monkeys later this month when Central City’s brewmaster Gary Lohin is in Ontario for the Session event, with distribution details for Ontario to be announced.