Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Les 3 Brasseurs/The 3 Brewers Releases Milkshake IPAAugust 16, 2017
- Nickel Brook Releasing Fruit-Flavoured Versions of Über Berliner WeisseAugust 15, 2017
- Kensington Brewing Company Opening Today in TorontoAugust 15, 2017
- Partake Brewing Launching Alcohol-Free Craft Beer This AutumnAugust 14, 2017
- Concession Road Brewing Opening Soon in Ontario’s Haldimand CountyAugust 14, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking a Runes (Simcoe & Mosaic) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinPossibly the best of the Runes series so far. Juicy with lots of citrus and a bit of pine, bitter but not astringent, long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ceres Cucumber Lime Gose by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinThe name promises lime & cucumber, and the beer delivers. Delicious and refreshing.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lug Tread Lagered Ale by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company at Oyster BoyEating a pile of great seafood and drinking some fresh Lug Tread and thinking this is a great way to spend an early Wednesday evening.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhyme & Reason by Collective Arts Brewing at The RivoliWork outing at a place where I spent a lot of time many, many years ago. The beer selection is much better now than it was then.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl Blend No. 3 by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin16 month old bottle. Carbonation is weak, but the flavour still pops with sharp lemon & Peach and a bit of funky Brett. Lovely!