Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Concession Road Brewing Opening Next Month in Ontario’s Haldimand CountyJanuary 17, 2018
- Henderson Brewing Continues Monthly Ides Series with Toro PilsnerJanuary 16, 2018
- Bellwoods Brewery Releasing Barn Owl No. 11 This WeekendJanuary 16, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Releases Mamba Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2018
- Nickel Brook Confirms Release Details for 2018 Edition of Café Del Bastardo Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking a 11.05 Tripel (2016) by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinSurprisingly bright & fruity for its age, with lots of pineapple character. Funk is there, but mild and secondary. Really lovely!
- Greg C. is drinking a Harvest Brett Farmhouse Ale by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinBeautifully nuanced Brett character, more fruity than funky, but with a slightly medicinal backnote that adds some complexity. Underrated.
- Greg C. is drinking an Operation Snowplow (Ides of December 2016) by Henderson Brewing Co at King & DufferinNice notes of vanilla, cherry, licorice & mild warming spice in the finish. Held up very well to an unintentional year of aging.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lone Prime Original IPA by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinCrystal malt gives it a telltale barley tea sweetness & dark amber body, but there are plenty of bittering hops to balance. Nice throwback!
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Rocks IPA by The Second Wedge Brewing Co. at King & DufferinQuite malty & well-filtered - atypical of IPA trends - but certainly not lacking in bitterness (citrus & pine), body, or depth of flavour.