Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases Lambicus Farmed & Dangerous SaisonOctober 23, 2017
- Square Timber Adds Eric Mainville to Brewing TeamOctober 20, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – October 20th to 26th, 2017October 19, 2017
- Sawdust City Announces Ode to Lone Pine IPA Tap TakeoverOctober 19, 2017
- Pete Brown Announces Toronto Dates on “Miracle Brew” Book TourOctober 18, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking a Yuzu by Radical Road Brewing Co. at King & DufferinI’ve enjoyed it in the past but this can didn’t sit right. Yuzu is too sharp with an artificial note, base beer is limp. Dud can perhaps?
- Greg C. is drinking a Tangerine Shapeshifter by Halo Brewery at King & DufferinWell, this is rather nice. Moderately acidic tartness, citrus-leaning hops, and refreshing hit of tangerine. Like sour citrus fruit punch!
- Greg C. is drinking a Passionfruit Milkshark by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinOne of the best in the series so far. The tart passionfruit cuts the lactose sweetness, and the hops are well integrated.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhizome: Amarillo/Simcoe by Folly Brewpub at King & DufferinThe most Saison-like version of Rhizome that I can recall, and that’s good! Tropical hop notes & peppery yeast mesh really well.
- Greg C. is drinking an Equilibrium ESB by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & Dufferin