Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Big Rock Brewery Releases 2018 Edition of Barn Burner Variety PackSeptember 18, 2018
- Henderson Brewing Releases Collaboration with Trolley 5 Brewery in Monthly Ides SeriesSeptember 17, 2018
- Ridge Rock Brewing Opening This Week in Carp, OntarioSeptember 17, 2018
- Waterloo Brewing and Fleming College Steele Centre Pub Launch 3 Penny LagerSeptember 14, 2018
- Muddy York Brewing Releases Fox Hunter Dry-Hopped Sour with KiwiSeptember 14, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Space Invader by Amsterdam Brewing Company (Canada) at The GarrisonLate check-in from the other night. Great beer as always. Amused when the wrapper peeled off & it was a Radler can underneath.
- Greg C. is drinking a Pilsner by Mill Street Brewery at Mill St. Brew PubPerfectly acceptable Pils. Front end sweetness lingers a bit too long, but hops eventually cut through for a good herbal finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard Wolf (Mosaic) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinMostly wipes the memory of the awful Simcoe/Mosaic version. Less hazy, more carbonation, and better balance. This is more like it.
- Greg C. is drinking a Half Way IPA - Across the Nation by Central City Brewers + Distillers at King & DufferinLacks the hazy appearance & lemony tang usually found in the style, but the wheat adds some lightness to this balanced old school IPA.
- Greg C. is drinking a Three Beasts - Across the Nation by Central City Brewers + Distillers at King & DufferinStarts with sweet tea before shifting to tangerine & grapefruit peel, pleasantly bringing to mind the classic US IPAs of a decade ago.