Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Trailer Park Boys Green Bastard IPA Coming Soon from North American CraftMarch 23, 2018
- Brassroots Brewing Launching Soon in Ontario with Darkwood Blackberry SaisonMarch 23, 2018
- Rainhard Brewing Brings Back Hop Cone Syndrome DIPAMarch 23, 2018
- Hop City Brewing Releasing Commuter Session IPA & Big Tiki Tropical Punch Blonde as Spring/Summer SeasonalsMarch 23, 2018
- Central City Releases Lohin McKinnon Aged Imperial Porter for 15th AnniversaryMarch 22, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hazy Mornings by MERIT Brewing at MERIT BrewingInteresting beer - looks like a pale ale, drinks like a German wheat beer with more caramel sweetness. Toasted banana bread, basically.
- Greg C. is drinking a Tranquillo by Fairweather Brewing Company at Fairweather Brewing CompanyLovely & lively lemon-forward tartness. Hint of white pepper. Moves into dry white wine territory. Complex but easy to drink.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wild Vanessa by Fairweather Brewing Company at Fairweather Brewing CompanyElegant & restrained tartness which works beautifully with the hibiscus. Lemon zest brings a bright end note. Summery & delicious.
- Greg C. is drinking a Gose With Blackberry, Black Currant & Lemon Zest by Collective Arts Brewing at Collective Arts BrewingNice integration of fresh tart berries & a hint of lemon zest into a great gose. Sharp & refreshing. Perfect morning beer!
- Greg C. is drinking a Market Pils by Kensington Brewing Company at King & DufferinRevamped version & it’s excellent - crisp & bright, with prominent herbal hops that hang around on the palate for quite a while.