Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bench Brewing Opening This Friday in Ontario’s Niagara RegionJune 25, 2018
- Cowbell Brewing Renegade Series Continues with Abbey Braggot IPAJune 22, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Announces The Return of The Hassel-HefJune 22, 2018
- Wellington Brewery Releases Party Favours Sour Mix PackJune 22, 2018
- Great Lakes Brewery Releases Brutalism IPAJune 22, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lime & Ginger Berliner Weisse by Collective Arts Brewing at King & DufferinBracingly tart with strong lime and subtle ginger. A bit unorthodox flavouring for the style, but it tastes great so I’ll let it slide.
- Greg C. is drinking a Juicebox - Citra And Ekuanot by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryNice and juicy as the name suggests - pineapple, tangerine, melon, papaya. Enough bitterness to balance but it’s mostly about the juice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Blanc by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryWow, they’re not kidding about this drinking like a white wine. And a nice dry one at that. Confusing at first, but a solid summer quaff.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Peach by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryAroma and flavour of salted sour yoghurt with peach & apricot which sounds kind of gross but is actually excellent, at least in beer form.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mr Pink (2018) by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryNice integration of all the flavours. Nothing overpowers and not too sweet. Clean on the palate as well. Great refresher.