Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases 2017 Vintage of Hibernator Imperial StoutDecember 15, 2017
- Spencer Brewery Trappist Ale Now Available in Ontario at the LCBODecember 15, 2017
- Left Field Brewery Releases Blackburne Imperial StoutDecember 15, 2017
- Contract Brewing Facility Equals Brewing Company Opening in London Next YearDecember 14, 2017
- Wellington Brewery Releasing Pair of Barley WinesDecember 14, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Galactic Pale Ale by Granite Brewery at King & DufferinNice elements here - clear & bright body, pine & tropical fruit notes, clean on the palate - but feels a bit reined in, lacks a spark.
- Greg C. is drinking a Green Monster by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinHops are big enough that they mostly take the sweet edge off the lactose, at least until it starts to warm up. Nice mouthfeel though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Twenty Mile Farmhouse Ale by Bench Brewing Company at King & DufferinHas less prickliness than I recall, but still has a bit of an edge, with notes of lemon and pepper & an underlying dusty dryness.
- Greg C. is drinking a Stone Xocoveza by Stone Brewing at King & DufferinNot usually keen on beers brewed with peppers, but in this case, it’s well integrated with the other spices. Helps that base beer is great.
- Greg C. is drinking a Breakfast Stout by Founders Brewing Co. at King & DufferinStill a goddamn classic. Respect.