Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Fuggles & Warlock and Central City Release Zombie Hopocalypse Session AleOctober 16, 2017
- Clifford Brewing Planning Late Autumn Opening in HamiltonOctober 16, 2017
- Little Beasts Brewing Opening This Week in WhitbyOctober 16, 2017
- Grain & Grit Beer Co. Opening Tomorrow in HamiltonOctober 16, 2017
- Upper Thames Brewing Bringing Back Dusk to Dawn White StoutOctober 13, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Vienna Lager by Ace Hill Beer at The Danforth Music HallMeh. But I’m seeing the Psychedelic Furs! So can’t complain too much.
- Greg C. is drinking a Canuck Pale Ale by Great Lakes Brewery at The Edmund BurkeAnother pint before the show? Sure, don’t mind if I do.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mountain Lager by Side Launch Brewing at The Edmund BurkeIt’s been a while. It’s still great.
- Greg C. is drinking a Helles Lager by Wellington Brewery at The Edmund BurkeIn a great bar with reasonably priced pints & Gen X on the stereo, and I’m going to see The Psychedelic Furs tonight. Yup, that’ll do.
- Greg C. is drinking a Traditional Ale by Big Rock Brewery at King & DufferinOld fave that I revisit occasionally. Body seems thinner, minimal flavour when cold, but nice cocoa & dried leaf notes once it warms a bit.