Barnstormer & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaborative Beer
On September 25, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – August 18th to 24th, 2017August 17, 2017
- LCBO Reports Continued Growth in Craft Beer & Cider Sales for 2016-17August 17, 2017
- Northern Maverick Scrapping Fake News Ale & Trump-Related BrandingAugust 17, 2017
- Silver Stacks Brewing Opening Next Year in LondonAugust 17, 2017
- Les 3 Brasseurs/The 3 Brewers Releases Milkshake IPAAugust 16, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Barnstormer Brewing, an under construction brewpub that is planned to open in Barrie later this year, has announced a collaborative beer with Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery that will be featured at an anticipated beer event in Toronto later this autumn.
Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer was recently brewed at the Flying Monkeys facility in downtown Barrie, and is described as follows:
Breaking Bad Brown boasts double the malt bill of Barnstormer’s house brown ale, Millenium hops selected by Flying Monkeys, and a healthy dose of caffeine provided by coffee all fermented on an English style ale yeast. Breaking Bad Brown has a malty rich nose that blends with aromas of chocolate, caramel, and coffee. The flavor brings a mix of the nose related flavors balanced with the resiny notes from the Millenium hops and alcohol warmth. At 7.8% ABV and 30 IBU Breaking Bad Brown is an aggressive Brown Ale designed to stand out of the crowd.
Barnstormer/Flying Monkeys Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer will be debuted at Cask Days 2013, taking place October 19th and 20th at Evergreeen Brick Works in Toronto. For more information, see the event website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Runes (Simcoe & Mosaic) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinPossibly the best of the Runes series so far. Juicy with lots of citrus and a bit of pine, bitter but not astringent, long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ceres Cucumber Lime Gose by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinThe name promises lime & cucumber, and the beer delivers. Delicious and refreshing.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lug Tread Lagered Ale by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company at Oyster BoyEating a pile of great seafood and drinking some fresh Lug Tread and thinking this is a great way to spend an early Wednesday evening.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhyme & Reason by Collective Arts Brewing at The RivoliWork outing at a place where I spent a lot of time many, many years ago. The beer selection is much better now than it was then.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl Blend No. 3 by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin16 month old bottle. Carbonation is weak, but the flavour still pops with sharp lemon & Peach and a bit of funky Brett. Lovely!