Barnstormer & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaborative Beer
On September 25, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Muddy York Brewing Releases Jail Fire RauchbierDecember 13, 2017
- Bellwoods Brewery Announces 2017 Edition of Skeleton Key Spiced Imperial StoutDecember 13, 2017
- Collective Arts Releasing First Barrel-Aged Beer & Year-Round Hazy IPA This WeekendDecember 13, 2017
- Weatherhead Brew Co. Planning to Open Next Year in Perth, OntarioDecember 12, 2017
- MERIT Brewing Releasing Nowhere Imperial StoutDecember 12, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Barnstormer Brewing, an under construction brewpub that is planned to open in Barrie later this year, has announced a collaborative beer with Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery that will be featured at an anticipated beer event in Toronto later this autumn.
Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer was recently brewed at the Flying Monkeys facility in downtown Barrie, and is described as follows:
Breaking Bad Brown boasts double the malt bill of Barnstormer’s house brown ale, Millenium hops selected by Flying Monkeys, and a healthy dose of caffeine provided by coffee all fermented on an English style ale yeast. Breaking Bad Brown has a malty rich nose that blends with aromas of chocolate, caramel, and coffee. The flavor brings a mix of the nose related flavors balanced with the resiny notes from the Millenium hops and alcohol warmth. At 7.8% ABV and 30 IBU Breaking Bad Brown is an aggressive Brown Ale designed to stand out of the crowd.
Barnstormer/Flying Monkeys Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer will be debuted at Cask Days 2013, taking place October 19th and 20th at Evergreeen Brick Works in Toronto. For more information, see the event website.
- Greg C. is drinking an Enforcer by Northern Maverick Brewing at King & DufferinLike a hockey enforcer, this is a solid & dependable IPA that gets the job done without being flashy. Juicy & balanced, moderately bitter.
- Greg C. is drinking a Citradelic Single Hop IPA by Big Rock Brewery at King & DufferinNice flavour profile with prominent citrus, firm body, slightly - not obnoxiously - unfiltered. Good. Better than I recall, in fact.
- Greg C. is drinking a Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS) (2017) by Founders Brewing Co. at Bar Hop BrewcoAt CBS launch. If you asked me to imagine KBS with maple, this is exactly what I’d come up with. And it’s pretty damn delicious.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lizard of Koz by Founders Brewing Co. at Bar Hop BrewcoAt CBS launch event. Silky body, beautiful combo of flavours - sweet malt, vanilla, bourbon, chocolate & blueberry in great balance. Lovely!
- Greg C. is drinking a Mystery Beer D by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinCalled a dry hopped sour on the label, but salt & coriander show it’s a gose, and it’s a good one at that, with nice balance of hops & salt.