Barnstormer & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaborative Beer
On September 25, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Cowbell Brewing Renegade Series Continues with Abbey Braggot IPAJune 22, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Announces The Return of The Hassel-HefJune 22, 2018
- Wellington Brewery Releases Party Favours Sour Mix PackJune 22, 2018
- Great Lakes Brewery Releases Brutalism IPAJune 22, 2018
- Rainhard Brewing Releasing New Beers at 3nd Anniversary PartyJune 22, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Barnstormer Brewing, an under construction brewpub that is planned to open in Barrie later this year, has announced a collaborative beer with Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery that will be featured at an anticipated beer event in Toronto later this autumn.
Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer was recently brewed at the Flying Monkeys facility in downtown Barrie, and is described as follows:
Breaking Bad Brown boasts double the malt bill of Barnstormer’s house brown ale, Millenium hops selected by Flying Monkeys, and a healthy dose of caffeine provided by coffee all fermented on an English style ale yeast. Breaking Bad Brown has a malty rich nose that blends with aromas of chocolate, caramel, and coffee. The flavor brings a mix of the nose related flavors balanced with the resiny notes from the Millenium hops and alcohol warmth. At 7.8% ABV and 30 IBU Breaking Bad Brown is an aggressive Brown Ale designed to stand out of the crowd.
Barnstormer/Flying Monkeys Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer will be debuted at Cask Days 2013, taking place October 19th and 20th at Evergreeen Brick Works in Toronto. For more information, see the event website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Juicebox - Citra And Ekuanot by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryNice and juicy as the name suggests - pineapple, tangerine, melon, papaya. Enough bitterness to balance but it’s mostly about the juice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Blanc by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryWow, they’re not kidding about this drinking like a white wine. And a nice dry one at that. Confusing at first, but a solid summer quaff.
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Peach by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryAroma and flavour of salted sour yoghurt with peach & apricot which sounds kind of gross but is actually excellent, at least in beer form.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mr Pink (2018) by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryNice integration of all the flavours. Nothing overpowers and not too sweet. Clean on the palate as well. Great refresher.
- Greg C. is drinking a Kickin' Back by Wellington Brewery at King & DufferinNew version is still on the thin side but has better flavour & more prominent hops. Notes of orange blossom & citrus peel. Refreshing.