Barnstormer & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaborative Beer
On September 25, 2013 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Muskoka Mad Tom IPA Now Available in Short CansOctober 17, 2017
- Clifford Brewing Planning Late Autumn Opening in HamiltonOctober 16, 2017
- Little Beasts Brewing Opening This Week in WhitbyOctober 16, 2017
- Grain & Grit Beer Co. Opening Tomorrow in HamiltonOctober 16, 2017
- Upper Thames Brewing Bringing Back Dusk to Dawn White StoutOctober 13, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Barnstormer Brewing, an under construction brewpub that is planned to open in Barrie later this year, has announced a collaborative beer with Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery that will be featured at an anticipated beer event in Toronto later this autumn.
Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer was recently brewed at the Flying Monkeys facility in downtown Barrie, and is described as follows:
Breaking Bad Brown boasts double the malt bill of Barnstormer’s house brown ale, Millenium hops selected by Flying Monkeys, and a healthy dose of caffeine provided by coffee all fermented on an English style ale yeast. Breaking Bad Brown has a malty rich nose that blends with aromas of chocolate, caramel, and coffee. The flavor brings a mix of the nose related flavors balanced with the resiny notes from the Millenium hops and alcohol warmth. At 7.8% ABV and 30 IBU Breaking Bad Brown is an aggressive Brown Ale designed to stand out of the crowd.
Barnstormer/Flying Monkeys Breaking Bad Brown Methamphetabeer will be debuted at Cask Days 2013, taking place October 19th and 20th at Evergreeen Brick Works in Toronto. For more information, see the event website.
- Greg C. is drinking an Uncommon Element Brett Pale Ale by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & Dufferin
- Greg C. is drinking a New Wave by Halo Brewery at King & DufferinHazy with some large floaters that were a bit off-putting. Average aroma & flavour with grapefruit & pineapple notes. OK but not their best.
- Greg C. is drinking a Vienna Lager by Ace Hill Beer at The Danforth Music HallMeh. But I’m seeing the Psychedelic Furs! So can’t complain too much.
- Greg C. is drinking a Canuck Pale Ale by Great Lakes Brewery at The Edmund BurkeAnother pint before the show? Sure, don’t mind if I do.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mountain Lager by Side Launch Brewing at The Edmund BurkeIt’s been a while. It’s still great.