Flying Moneys Releases Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA
On February 27, 2014 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Square Timber Adds Eric Mainville to Brewing TeamOctober 20, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – October 20th to 26th, 2017October 19, 2017
- Sawdust City Announces Ode to Lone Pine IPA Tap TakeoverOctober 19, 2017
- Pete Brown Announces Toronto Dates on “Miracle Brew” Book TourOctober 18, 2017
- Les 3 Brasseurs La Belle Récolte/The 3 Brewers Harvest Ale ReturnsOctober 18, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced the release of a new limited edition beer that is currently being previewed at the brewery in advance of a wider release this spring.
Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA, described as a “strongly hopped, roughly filtered, robust 10% abv beer that pays homage to all the hop bombs that have transformed our minds and palates.”
Shoulders of Giants is available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in Barrie, and it will be a featured beer at the Flying Monkeys Hostile Tap Takeover event at Toronto’s Cloak & Dagger Pub on March 6th. A full-scale release via the LCBO will follow in a few weeks.
- Greg C. is drinking a Passionfruit Milkshark by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinOne of the best in the series so far. The tart passionfruit cuts the lactose sweetness, and the hops are well integrated.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhizome: Amarillo/Simcoe by Folly Brewpub at King & DufferinThe most Saison-like version of Rhizome that I can recall, and that’s good! Tropical hop notes & peppery yeast mesh really well.
- Greg C. is drinking an Equilibrium ESB by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & Dufferin
- Greg C. is drinking an Ontario Wet Hop Pale Ale (2017) by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinEnjoyed this more than the previous can. Flavour seems fuller and less reined in. Still a bit flat in the finish, but enjoyable all in all.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bourbonic Plague by Cascade Brewing Company (USA) at Cask Days 2017Last beer at Cask Days 2017. Remarkably complex, sweet and strong and malty and sour and vinous and woody and just great.