Flying Moneys Releases Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA
On February 27, 2014 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Jackass Brewing Opening This Week in Cambridge, OntarioFebruary 20, 2018
- Mill Street Brewery & The Sheepdogs Release Sheepdogs Prairie Gold AleFebruary 19, 2018
- Black Oak Brewery Love Fuzz Red Ale Returning This WeekFebruary 19, 2018
- GoodLot Farmstead Ale Available Soon at LCBOFebruary 19, 2018
- Flying Monkeys Live Transmission Milkshake IPA Heading to LCBOFebruary 19, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced the release of a new limited edition beer that is currently being previewed at the brewery in advance of a wider release this spring.
Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA, described as a “strongly hopped, roughly filtered, robust 10% abv beer that pays homage to all the hop bombs that have transformed our minds and palates.”
Shoulders of Giants is available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in Barrie, and it will be a featured beer at the Flying Monkeys Hostile Tap Takeover event at Toronto’s Cloak & Dagger Pub on March 6th. A full-scale release via the LCBO will follow in a few weeks.
- Greg C. is drinking a Flanders Red (B.A.) by Forked River Brewing Company at King & DufferinImpressive complexity, good balance to the barrel aging, great sour cherry & tart plum flavours, no harsh balsamic vinegar notes. Well done!
- Greg C. is drinking a Rodenbach Grand Cru by Brouwerij Rodenbach at King & DufferinGave 3.75 to a bottle I had last year. This one seemed back on form. Still not quite what it used to be? Perhaps. But still a classic, too.
- Greg C. is drinking an Auko by Burdock at King & DufferinStrong notes of dark cherry & tart berries, wine & wood, subtle touch of vinegar. Barely a hint of booze, very well balanced for the abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Nightwatcher Oatmeal Stout by Lake of Bays Brewing Company at King & DufferinNicely flavoured on-style stout - roast malt, sweet toasted cereal, moderately dry finish - but lacks fullsome body expected in the style.
- Greg C. is drinking an American Pale Ale W/ Citra, Vic Secret & Mosaic by Burdock at King & DufferinStrong citrus character, but more floral (orange blossom) than bitter. A touch of rind in the finish, though. Well balanced, easy drinking.