CAMRA Alberta Annonuces Formation & First AGM
On June 3, 2014 At 4:15 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
CALGARY, AB – A group of craft beer aficionados in Calgary have announced the formation of CAMRA Alberta, an organization modeled after the similarly named CAMRA BC that will be dedicated to promoting and growing better beer culture in Alberta.
Co-founded by Adam Seguin (beer blogger/consultant at Western Suds) and Natasha Peiskar (homebrewer, server at The National & sales rep at Cooper & Theory), CAMRA Alberta counts a number of key players in the Alberta craft beer scene as inaugural members, including:
- Jeremy Foster (founder of Alberta Beers)
- Brett Hopper (Media and Online Experience with Alberta Beer Festivals)
- Jeff Orr (President of Tool Shed Brewing)
- Ric Cutillo (owner of Midtown Kitchen & Bar)
- Brett Ireland (co-founder of Bear Hill Brewing)
- Kirk Bodnar (Certified Cicerone, BJCP & beer consultant at Beers n’ Such)
The 1st Annual General Meeting for CAMRA Alberta will take place on June 16th at Midtown Kitchen & Bar (302 10th Street NW, Calgary), with all craft beer lovers in Calgary and elsewhere in Alberta invited to attend. Memberships will be available at the AGM – $25 for single adult, $40 for couples – and online memberships will be available once the CAMRA Alberta website launches.