Flying Monkeys Receives Ontario Government Funding for Expansion
On December 17, 2014 At 12:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Left Field Brewery Releases Blackburne Imperial StoutDecember 15, 2017
- Contract Brewing Facility Equals Brewing Company Opening in London Next YearDecember 14, 2017
- Wellington Brewery Releasing Pair of Barley WinesDecember 14, 2017
- Muddy York Brewing Releases Jail Fire RauchbierDecember 13, 2017
- Bellwoods Brewery Announces 2017 Edition of Skeleton Key Spiced Imperial StoutDecember 13, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Following quickly on recently announced funding packages for several other breweries in the province, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has become the latest recipient of financial support from the Government of Ontario.
At a press event held today at the Barrie brewery, MPP Ann Hoggarth announced that the province’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is granting $304,625 to Flying Monkeys to assist with expansion projects.
Taken in combination with the previous announcements, this month has seen the Government invest more than $1,130,000 from three different funding programs into five Ontario craft breweries.
- Greg C. is drinking a Twenty Mile Farmhouse Ale by Bench Brewing Company at King & DufferinHas less prickliness than I recall, but still has a bit of an edge, with notes of lemon and pepper & and underlying dusty dryness.
- Greg C. is drinking a Stone Xocoveza by Stone Brewing at King & DufferinNot usually keen on beers brewed with peppers, but in this case, it’s well integrated with the other spices. Helps that base beer is great.
- Greg C. is drinking a Breakfast Stout by Founders Brewing Co. at King & DufferinStill a goddamn classic. Respect.
- Greg C. is drinking an All Day IPA by Founders Brewing Co. at King & DufferinA perfectly cromulent session ale that has a fresh herbal-citrus hop character that keeps the palate refreshed for more.
- Greg C. is drinking a Muddy York Porter by Muddy York Brewing Co. at Bar HopLovely pint from a freshly tapped cask. Roasty, and bit of chocolate, mild hops, soft body - spot on!