Flying Monkeys Receives Ontario Government Funding for Expansion
On December 17, 2014 At 12:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – August 18th to 24th, 2017August 17, 2017
- LCBO Reports Continued Growth in Craft Beer & Cider Sales for 2016-17August 17, 2017
- Northern Maverick Scrapping Fake News Ale & Trump-Related BrandingAugust 17, 2017
- Silver Stacks Brewing Opening Next Year in LondonAugust 17, 2017
- Les 3 Brasseurs/The 3 Brewers Releases Milkshake IPAAugust 16, 2017
BARRIE, ON – Following quickly on recently announced funding packages for several other breweries in the province, Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has become the latest recipient of financial support from the Government of Ontario.
At a press event held today at the Barrie brewery, MPP Ann Hoggarth announced that the province’s Rural Economic Development (RED) program is granting $304,625 to Flying Monkeys to assist with expansion projects.
Taken in combination with the previous announcements, this month has seen the Government invest more than $1,130,000 from three different funding programs into five Ontario craft breweries.
- Greg C. is drinking a Runes (Simcoe & Mosaic) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinPossibly the best of the Runes series so far. Juicy with lots of citrus and a bit of pine, bitter but not astringent, long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ceres Cucumber Lime Gose by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinThe name promises lime & cucumber, and the beer delivers. Delicious and refreshing.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lug Tread Lagered Ale by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company at Oyster BoyEating a pile of great seafood and drinking some fresh Lug Tread and thinking this is a great way to spend an early Wednesday evening.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhyme & Reason by Collective Arts Brewing at The RivoliWork outing at a place where I spent a lot of time many, many years ago. The beer selection is much better now than it was then.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl Blend No. 3 by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin16 month old bottle. Carbonation is weak, but the flavour still pops with sharp lemon & Peach and a bit of funky Brett. Lovely!