Garrison Releases Collaboration With Great Lakes & Metalman
On September 4, 2015 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Smackwater Jack American Farmhouse AleAugust 15, 2018
- Halifax Location of HopYard Now OpenAugust 13, 2018
- Canadian Beer Festivals – August 10th to 16th, 2018August 9, 2018
- Ontario Government Bringing Back “Buck-a-Beer” Minimum PricingAugust 7, 2018
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Ramble Wild Table Witbier & Wild Skies Brett SourAugust 1, 2018
Brewed in early August when reps from the guest breweries were visiting Halifax for the Seaport Beer Festival, Not So Gentle Tickle IPA is a 7% abv and 55 IBU ale made using whole leaf Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops. The result is described as having “a bold hop flavour with juicy, citrusy and fruity aspects.”
Not So Gentle Tickle was launched yesterday at both the original and summer beergarden locations of Stillwell. It’s also available at the Garrison retail store in a limited run of 650 ml bottles.
- Greg C. is drinking a Piñata - Ginger Peach Kettle Sour by Wellington Brewery at King & DufferinGinger & peach can overpower a beer if not well handled. But there’s no such problem here - both are nicely layered over the mellow sour ale
- Greg C. is drinking a Paper Crown - Dry-Hopped Kettle Sour by Wellington Brewery at King & DufferinA pleasant & easy drinking take on the style, with nice lemon yogurt tartness enhanced by citrus & pine character from the dry hopping.
- Greg C. is drinking an Ice Cider by Spirit Tree Estate Cidery at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Lacks the complexity of top notch ice ciders, but has a nice sweet-sour green apple thing going on.
- Greg C. is drinking an Emperor Norton by Almanac Beer Company at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Old bottle but still in pretty good nick - apricot meshes well with the strong Belgian-ish ale. I dig it.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mature Situations by Goose Island Brewhouse Toronto at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Everything noted in the description - honey, blackberry, lemon, Pinot Noir - is there in great balance. Nicely done.