Garrison Releases Collaboration With Great Lakes & Metalman
On September 4, 2015 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Unfiltered Brewing Releasing Oak-Aged Sour M.F.February 23, 2018
- Winners Announced for 2018 Great Ontario-Hopped Craft Beer CompetitionFebruary 22, 2018
- Propeller Brewing Releasing XPA Extra Pale AleFebruary 22, 2018
- Propeller Brewing Launches Barrel Aged Series with Russian Imperial StoutFebruary 19, 2018
- Garrison Brewing Releases Pucker Up! Kettle Sour in CansFebruary 14, 2018
Brewed in early August when reps from the guest breweries were visiting Halifax for the Seaport Beer Festival, Not So Gentle Tickle IPA is a 7% abv and 55 IBU ale made using whole leaf Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops. The result is described as having “a bold hop flavour with juicy, citrusy and fruity aspects.”
Not So Gentle Tickle was launched yesterday at both the original and summer beergarden locations of Stillwell. It’s also available at the Garrison retail store in a limited run of 650 ml bottles.
- Greg C. is drinking a Sleeping Giant by Amsterdam Brewing Company (Canada) at King & DufferinBottled Aug 2012. Mild oxidization, fig & raisin, toffee, vanilla, leather, slight sour tang. A bit past its prime I reckon, but still good.
- Greg C. is drinking a July by Burdock at King & DufferinCommercial description sums it up well. Very clean, some stonefruit sweetness up front, dry clove character in finish. Simple & good.
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhizome: Azacca/Ekuanot by Folly Brewpub at King & DufferinCarbonation seems lighter than it should be. Flavour has nice pineapple character, but is muddled, especially the finish. Not their best.
- Greg C. is drinking a Big Rock American Pale Ale by Big Rock Brewery at Liberty Commons at Big Rock BreweryDecent take on the style, well balanced and pleasant, good level of hops on the back of the palate. Not distinctive but perfectly alright.
- Greg C. is drinking a La Fin du Monde by Unibroue at King & Dufferin7.5 year old bottle. Obvious oxidization - low carbonation, quite sweet & slightly musty, lacks usual spiciness. But still very enjoyable.