Garrison Releases Collaboration With Great Lakes & Metalman
On September 4, 2015 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Tidehouse Brewing Holding 1st Anniversary Tap Takeover at Tom’s Little HavanaDecember 8, 2017
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Linnea Imperial Stout for Finland’s 100th Independence DayDecember 5, 2017
- 2 Crows Brewing & Kilter Brewing Releasing Hawaiian Ivory Milkshake IPADecember 1, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – December 1st to 7th, 2017November 30, 2017
- Great Lakes Brewery Launching 2017 Hops For Hunger CampaignNovember 30, 2017
Brewed in early August when reps from the guest breweries were visiting Halifax for the Seaport Beer Festival, Not So Gentle Tickle IPA is a 7% abv and 55 IBU ale made using whole leaf Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops. The result is described as having “a bold hop flavour with juicy, citrusy and fruity aspects.”
Not So Gentle Tickle was launched yesterday at both the original and summer beergarden locations of Stillwell. It’s also available at the Garrison retail store in a limited run of 650 ml bottles.
- Greg C. is drinking a Duchesse de Bourgogne by Brouwerij Verhaeghe at King & DufferinBeen a while since I’ve had one & I recall it having more prominent acidity. Still nice, with notes of port, cherry, wood, leather, plum.
- Greg C. is drinking a Whitney's Vintage Ale by The Collingwood Brewery at King & DufferinFresh hops come through in the front but are overshadowed by the sweet malt & honey core of the beer, throwing off the balance. Confusing.
- Greg C. is drinking a The Answer by Pint Pursuits Brewing Co. at King & DufferinClean, crisp, balanced, not complex, but every note of bready malt & herbal hops is right where it should be. An excellent Helles.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lunch Money by Collective Arts Brewing at King & DufferinDescribed as straight-up, easy drinking, balanced. It’s all of those & that’s fine. Also not very memorable. But I guess it does the job.
- Greg C. is drinking an Early Bird Breakfast Barley Wine by Cameron's Brewing Company at King & DufferinBeautiful blend of big and balanced barley wine with strong & sweet coffee. Notes of caramel & candied orange. Hides the booze. Dangerous!