Garrison Releases Collaboration With Great Lakes & Metalman
On September 4, 2015 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – May 25th to 31st, 2018May 24, 2018
- The Coast Beer Guide Issue for 2018 Out This WeekMay 24, 2018
- Great Lakes Brewery Sunnyside Session IPA Returns for Another Summer VisitMay 23, 2018
- Propeller Brewing & Beau’s Brewing Releasing Wild Gruit AleMay 22, 2018
- Tidehouse Brewing Releasing Pepperoni Ghost PorterMay 16, 2018
Brewed in early August when reps from the guest breweries were visiting Halifax for the Seaport Beer Festival, Not So Gentle Tickle IPA is a 7% abv and 55 IBU ale made using whole leaf Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops. The result is described as having “a bold hop flavour with juicy, citrusy and fruity aspects.”
Not So Gentle Tickle was launched yesterday at both the original and summer beergarden locations of Stillwell. It’s also available at the Garrison retail store in a limited run of 650 ml bottles.
- Greg C. is drinking a London Porter by Riverhead Brewing Company at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Roast - almost burnt - malt. Notes of dark roast coffee and cocoa husks. Needs a bit more body but generally well made.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hammer of Sucellus by Humalove Brewing at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Smells old & oxidized. Flavour is short and strongly bitter. Not much subtlety or complexity. Not to my taste. Ah well.
- Greg C. is drinking a Commissar by Unfiltered Brewing at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Some age on this, but held up well. Malty, boozy, rum & dark sugar. Warm finish, hit of bitterness. Rough but great.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ladder To the Moon by Henderson Brewing Co at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Excellent melding of saison, herbs & barrel. Works so much better than it should. Very impressed!
- Greg C. is drinking an UVB-76 Mikhail by Wellington Brewery at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. A step above its siblings. The spices work so well with the cocoa & vanilla notes. Absolutely fantastic.