Manantler Brewing Releasing Official Eagles of Death Metal Beer
On March 10, 2016 At 10:45 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Nickel Brook Negotiating Purchase of Niagara Region Site for New BrewerySeptember 22, 2017
- Golden Tap Awards 2017 Winners AnnouncedSeptember 21, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – September 22nd to 28th, 2017September 21, 2017
- Muddy York Brick Maker Common ReturnsSeptember 21, 2017
- Rainhard Brewing Announces Early Autumn ReleasesSeptember 20, 2017
BOWMANVILLE, ON – The Toronto Star reports that one of Ontario’s smallest breweries has gotten approval from one of the world’s biggest rock bands to release a beer in their honour.
Boots Electric IPA will be released by Bowmanville’s Manantler Brewing in May to correspond with a Canadian tour by Eagles of Death Metal, one of the favourite bands of brewery co-owner and fellow musician James Gorry.
Named after one of the nicknames of EODM’s lead singer Jesse Hughes and sporting a label by designer Rachel Riordan that features a drawing of Hughes riding a tiger, Boots Electric will not only pay tribute to the group, but will also support the families of victims of the terrorist attack at the EODM show in Paris last November, with $1 from each bottle sold to be donated to EODM co-founder Josh Homme’s Sweet Stuff Foundation.
For more details, see the full Toronto Star article.
- Greg C. is drinking a Cranberry Derby by Beau's All Natural Brewing Company at King & DufferinI can count the cranberry beers I really like on one hand, and this beer just got one of the fingers. Tart, fresh & balanced. Delicious!
- Greg C. is drinking a NULA Apricot by Burdock at King & DufferinExcellent combo of tart apricot, moderately sour base beer & bright hops with citrus & blossom notes. My favourite in the series so far.
- Greg C. is drinking a Monogamy (Citra) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinLatest batch of this one is quite nice, with big, clean aromas & flavours of tropical fruit cocktail and sweet mandarin orange.
- Greg C. is drinking a Managing Expectations: Peach/Simcoe by Folly Brewpub at Folly BrewpubReally nicely put together, great balance of fresh peach, citrus hops & refreshingly sour finish. Perfect for the unseasonably hot weather.
- Greg C. is drinking an Elora Borealis by Elora Brewing Company at King & DufferinNicely balanced pale ale with bright notes of grapefruit, canned peach & red currant. Impressive intro to this brewery.