Manantler Brewing Releasing Official Eagles of Death Metal Beer
On March 10, 2016 At 10:45 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- German Brewer’s Advent Calendar Now Available in Select ProvincesNovember 21, 2017
- Sawdust City Brewing & Eastbound Brewing Launching Sam & Dave Collaboration SeriesNovember 21, 2017
- Craft Beer Passport Launches Hamilton EditionNovember 21, 2017
- Nickel Brook Announces 2017 Edition of Kentucky Bastard Imperial StoutNovember 21, 2017
- Wellington Announces DecemBEER Series for 2017November 20, 2017
BOWMANVILLE, ON – The Toronto Star reports that one of Ontario’s smallest breweries has gotten approval from one of the world’s biggest rock bands to release a beer in their honour.
Boots Electric IPA will be released by Bowmanville’s Manantler Brewing in May to correspond with a Canadian tour by Eagles of Death Metal, one of the favourite bands of brewery co-owner and fellow musician James Gorry.
Named after one of the nicknames of EODM’s lead singer Jesse Hughes and sporting a label by designer Rachel Riordan that features a drawing of Hughes riding a tiger, Boots Electric will not only pay tribute to the group, but will also support the families of victims of the terrorist attack at the EODM show in Paris last November, with $1 from each bottle sold to be donated to EODM co-founder Josh Homme’s Sweet Stuff Foundation.
For more details, see the full Toronto Star article.
- Greg C. is drinking a Cosmic Cream Ale by Cameron's Brewing Company at King & Dufferin
- Greg C. is drinking a Puck Drop Pilsner by Tree Brewing Co. at King & DufferinSeems on style at first, but there’s an odd acidic note in the finish that builds as it warms. But an OK beer aside from that.
- Greg C. is drinking a Juicy Ass by Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery at King & DufferinIt’s oddly refreshing to see a brightly filtered IPA nowadays. Especially when it’s as tasty & well bittered as this one. Great stuff.
- Greg C. is drinking an Event Horizon by Halo Brewery at King & DufferinAbsolutely love the combo of roasty, chocolatey stout & the vanilla, marshmallow & root beer notes from the sarsparilla.
- Greg C. is drinking a Dark & Sticky India Brown Ale by Cameron's Brewing Company at King & Dufferin