Manantler Brewing Releasing Official Eagles of Death Metal Beer
On March 10, 2016 At 10:45 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Goose Island Brewhouse Now Open in TorontoJuly 28, 2017
- Bandit Brewery Releasing The Cherry Widow Dark SourJuly 28, 2017
- Beau’s Continues Ottawa 2017 Series With Unfiltered Brewing CollaborationJuly 28, 2017
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 28th to August 3rd, 2017July 27, 2017
- Railway City Announces Winners of Platform 17 Homebrewer CompetitionJuly 27, 2017
BOWMANVILLE, ON – The Toronto Star reports that one of Ontario’s smallest breweries has gotten approval from one of the world’s biggest rock bands to release a beer in their honour.
Boots Electric IPA will be released by Bowmanville’s Manantler Brewing in May to correspond with a Canadian tour by Eagles of Death Metal, one of the favourite bands of brewery co-owner and fellow musician James Gorry.
Named after one of the nicknames of EODM’s lead singer Jesse Hughes and sporting a label by designer Rachel Riordan that features a drawing of Hughes riding a tiger, Boots Electric will not only pay tribute to the group, but will also support the families of victims of the terrorist attack at the EODM show in Paris last November, with $1 from each bottle sold to be donated to EODM co-founder Josh Homme’s Sweet Stuff Foundation.
For more details, see the full Toronto Star article.
- Greg C. is drinking a Jutsu by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinMusk melon, grapefruit, white peach, pine - smells/tastes great, but is much hazier than I recall, as seems to be SOP for Bellwoods now.
- Greg C. is drinking a Steam Whistle Pilsner by Steam Whistle Brewing at Sony Centre for the Performing ArtsNo review, just checking in 'cause I had a couple at the Blondie show. Still looking for a pun. One beer or another? No, that's just dumb.
- Greg C. is drinking a West Coast Style IPA by Mill Street Brewery at Biff's BistroDrinking this at dinner before the Garbage/Blondie concert. Trying to think of a good Blondie & beer pun but coming up blank...
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhyme & Reason by Collective Arts Brewing at King & DufferinCould it be that it's gotten even MORE fresh & fruity & all round delicious?
- Greg C. is drinking a Monogamy: Double Dry Hop El Dorado Hop Hash by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNot digging the thick'n'hazy look of most of Bellwoods recent beers. At least the aroma & flavour of this one is good, albeit a bit green.