Brew Tours Launching Barrie Brews & Bites Edition
On August 31, 2016 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Henderson Brewing Continues Monthly Ides Series with Toro PilsnerJanuary 16, 2018
- Bellwoods Brewery Releasing Barn Owl No. 11 This WeekendJanuary 16, 2018
- Bandit Brewery Releases Mamba Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2018
- Nickel Brook Confirms Release Details for 2018 Edition of Café Del Bastardo Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2018
- High Park Brewery Off the Leash IPA Now Available at LCBOJanuary 12, 2018
TORONTO, ON – A tour operator dedicated to running day trips to breweries throughout Southern Ontario has announced the upcoming launch of its second regularly scheduled route.
Brew Tours was launched in the spring with a weekly tour of breweries in the Muskoka Region. The new Barrie Brews & Bites edition will visit all three breweries in Barrie – Barnstormer Brewing, Flying Monkeys and Redline Brewhouse – for beer and food tastings, as well as Heritage Hill Hop Yard & Nursery to learn about the agricultural aspect of beer making.
Barrie Brews & Bites tours will take place on September 10th, October 1st and October 29th, 2016. For more details and booking information, visit the Brew Tours website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Harvest Brett Farmhouse Ale by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinBeautifully nuanced Brett character, more fruity than funky, but with a slightly medicinal backnote that adds some complexity. Underrated.
- Greg C. is drinking an Operation Snowplow (Ides of December 2016) by Henderson Brewing Co at King & DufferinNice notes of vanilla, cherry, licorice & mild warming spice in the finish. Held up very well to an unintentional year of aging.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lone Prime Original IPA by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinCrystal malt gives it a telltale barley tea sweetness & dark amber body, but there are plenty of bittering hops to balance. Nice throwback!
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Rocks IPA by The Second Wedge Brewing Co. at King & DufferinQuite malty & well-filtered - atypical of IPA trends - but certainly not lacking in bitterness (citrus & pine), body, or depth of flavour.
- Greg C. is drinking a Tuesday w/ Yeast-D1 by Burdock at King & DufferinI’ve enjoyed all the previous versions of Tuesday I’ve tried & this doesn’t break that streak. Meyer lemon, lime leaf, white pepper. Great!