Nova Scotia Craft Brewing Documentary “Sociable!” Premiering This Week
On October 11, 2016 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – January 12th to 18th, 2018January 11, 2018
- Trider’s Craft Beer Releases Hibrrrnation Winter AleJanuary 10, 2018
- Good Robot Brewing Announces FemmeBot Homebrew CompetitionJanuary 10, 2018
- Horton Ridge Launches Bottle Series with Chocolate Oatmeal StoutJanuary 9, 2018
- North Brewing & Benjamin Bridge Release Saison de Pinot 2017January 9, 2018
HALIFAX, NS – A documentary film about the craft brewing scene in Nova Scotia will be having its premiere screening this week in Halifax.
Sociable! has been produced by part-time filmmakers Helen MacGillivray and Chris Thomas, who have spent much of the last two years travelling throughout Nova Scotia to film and interview at every brewery in the province.
The resulting film will make its public debut tomorrow (October 12th) at Good Robot Brewing, with a free outdoor screening at 8:30 PM.
- Greg C. is drinking a Harvest Brett Farmhouse Ale by Rainhard Brewing at King & DufferinBeautifully nuanced Brett character, more fruity than funky, but with a slightly medicinal backnote that adds some complexity. Underrated.
- Greg C. is drinking an Operation Snowplow (Ides of December 2016) by Henderson Brewing Co at King & DufferinNice notes of vanilla, cherry, licorice & mild warming spice in the finish. Held up very well to an unintentional year of aging.
- Greg C. is drinking a Lone Prime Original IPA by Sawdust City Brewing Co. at King & DufferinCrystal malt gives it a telltale barley tea sweetness & dark amber body, but there are plenty of bittering hops to balance. Nice throwback!
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Rocks IPA by The Second Wedge Brewing Co. at King & DufferinQuite malty & well-filtered - atypical of IPA trends - but certainly not lacking in bitterness (citrus & pine), body, or depth of flavour.
- Greg C. is drinking a Tuesday w/ Yeast-D1 by Burdock at King & DufferinI’ve enjoyed all the previous versions of Tuesday I’ve tried & this doesn’t break that streak. Meyer lemon, lime leaf, white pepper. Great!