Nova Scotia Craft Brewing Documentary “Sociable!” Premiering This Week
On October 11, 2016 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Smackwater Jack American Farmhouse AleAugust 15, 2018
- Halifax Location of HopYard Now OpenAugust 13, 2018
- Canadian Beer Festivals – August 10th to 16th, 2018August 9, 2018
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Ramble Wild Table Witbier & Wild Skies Brett SourAugust 1, 2018
- Propeller Brewing & North Brewing Releasing Whip It! Lemon Meringue Pie SourJuly 31, 2018
HALIFAX, NS – A documentary film about the craft brewing scene in Nova Scotia will be having its premiere screening this week in Halifax.
Sociable! has been produced by part-time filmmakers Helen MacGillivray and Chris Thomas, who have spent much of the last two years travelling throughout Nova Scotia to film and interview at every brewery in the province.
The resulting film will make its public debut tomorrow (October 12th) at Good Robot Brewing, with a free outdoor screening at 8:30 PM.
- Greg C. is drinking an Ice Cider by Spirit Tree Estate Cidery at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Lacks the complexity of top notch ice ciders, but has a nice sweet-sour green apple thing going on.
- Greg C. is drinking an Emperor Norton by Almanac Beer Company at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Old bottle but still in pretty good nick - apricot meshes well with the strong Belgian-ish ale. I dig it.
- Greg C. is drinking a Mature Situations by Goose Island Brewhouse Toronto at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Everything noted in the description - honey, blackberry, lemon, Pinot Noir - is there in great balance. Nicely done.
- Greg C. is drinking a 21st Century Means by Stillwater Artisanal at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Not sure what they’re going for here. Malty amber ale crossed with dry & peppery farmhouse beer? It’s... weird.
- Greg C. is drinking a Ruby by Burdock at The Kay Gardner Beltline TrailSplit at tasting. Another great saison-wine hybrid from Burdock. Lots of berry & fruit-forward wine notes. Summery & refreshing.