Moncton Craft Brewers Collective Holding Tap Takeover Weekend
On November 7, 2017 At 10:00 am
Category : Beer Events
Tags : Acadie-Broue, Bore City Brewing, Celtic Knot Brewing, Flying Boats Brewing, Moncton Craft Brewers Collective, New Brunswick, Pump House Brewery, Scow Cider, Tide & Boar Brewing
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Picaroons Traditional Ales Releases Blitzen Coffee Porter & Xmas Tree IPADecember 4, 2018
- Maybee Brew Co. Releases Brut IPANovember 30, 2018
- Picaroons Traditional Ales DSN Now Available in BottlesNovember 27, 2018
- Matchstick Beer Factory Launches in Hampton, New BrunswickNovember 26, 2018
- 13 Barrels Brewing Opening Today in BathurstNovember 22, 2018
MONCTON, NB – A group of brewers from Moncton and area have announced a special event at two venues in the city this coming weekend.
The Moncton Craft Brewers Collective – with members including Acadie-Broue, Bore City, Celtic Knot, Flying Boats, Pump House, Scow Cider, and Tide & Boar – will be taking over the taps at Marky’s Laundromat on Thursday November 9th to Sunday November 12th, with representatives from some of the breweries set to be in attendance for a meet-and-greet evening on Friday November 10th.
In addition, nearby restaurant Notre Dame De Parkton will be joining in on Thursday and Friday, offering a selection on Moncton-brewed beers on draught, along with beer-friendly food like wings and nachos.
For more details, see the MCBC Facebook page.
- Greg C. is drinking a Saturday Night Lumberjack by Barn Hammer Brewing Company at King & DufferinDarker & maltier than most modern DIPAs, but still plenty bitter as well. Brings to mind Arrogant Bastard, but a bit lighter on the palate.
- Greg C. is drinking a 191 Mӓrzen - Across the Nation by Red Racer at King & DufferinProperly malty with notes of breadcrust and caramel, herbal hops to balance. About 9 months from canning but it held up surprisingly well.
- Greg C. is drinking a Three Ring Circus by Block Three Brewing Co. at King & Dufferin3+ years old & showing its age so forgoing a rating to be fair. Seems like there’s probably a good beer behind the oxidization, though.
- Greg C. is drinking an Imagination Experiment Root Beer Stout by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar Hop BrewcoAroma & flavour are all about the root beer. Which is just fine for a root beer fanatic like me. Might be a bit much for others.
- Greg C. is drinking a Leave No Trace Pale Ale by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar Hop BrewcoHazy straw yellow. Light bodied, grainy character with top notes of citrus peel & green hop. “Crushable” I suppose but not much beyond that.