Moncton Craft Brewers Collective Holding Tap Takeover Weekend
On November 7, 2017 At 10:00 am
Category : Beer Events
Tags : Acadie-Broue, Bore City Brewing, Celtic Knot Brewing, Flying Boats Brewing, Moncton Craft Brewers Collective, New Brunswick, Pump House Brewery, Scow Cider, Tide & Boar Brewing
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Gahan House Port City Now Pouring House Brewed BeerMarch 12, 2018
- Winners Announced for Down East Brewing Awards 2018March 12, 2018
- Canadian Beer Festivals – March 9th to 15th, 2018March 8, 2018
- Think Brewing Releases Bottles of Revelation IPAFebruary 26, 2018
- Picaroons Releases Foggy Mountain Breakdown White IPAFebruary 22, 2018
MONCTON, NB – A group of brewers from Moncton and area have announced a special event at two venues in the city this coming weekend.
The Moncton Craft Brewers Collective – with members including Acadie-Broue, Bore City, Celtic Knot, Flying Boats, Pump House, Scow Cider, and Tide & Boar – will be taking over the taps at Marky’s Laundromat on Thursday November 9th to Sunday November 12th, with representatives from some of the breweries set to be in attendance for a meet-and-greet evening on Friday November 10th.
In addition, nearby restaurant Notre Dame De Parkton will be joining in on Thursday and Friday, offering a selection on Moncton-brewed beers on draught, along with beer-friendly food like wings and nachos.
For more details, see the MCBC Facebook page.
- Greg C. is drinking a NULA Salt by Burdock at King & DufferinMildly tart, a bit overshadowed by the dry hop but not overwhelmingly. Salt is subtle but adds a nice minerality to the finish.
- Greg C. is drinking an Insetto by Stillwater Artisanal at King & DufferinGorgeous colour. And gorgeous flavour as well. Subtle plum integrates well with the elegant sour base beer. Beautifully balanced.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hawaii Five Eh! by Brickworks Ciderhouse at King & DufferinNot my usual sort of thing, but I quite liked this. Apple flavour has a nice tart-sweet balance, pineapple is very natural & summery.
- Greg C. is drinking an Apricot + Citra Dry-Hopped Sour by Rouge River Brewing CompanySplit at tasting. Seems muddled at first, but opens up really nicely, with lovely balance of apricot, sweet orange & sour lemon.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barrel of Cherries by Spindrift Brewing CompanyShared at tasting. Quite a hit of sour cherry up front. Red wine and chocolate. Bit of oak. One complaint: it’s kinda thin. But tastes nice.