Flying Monkeys Live Transmission Milkshake IPA Heading to LCBO
On February 19, 2018 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Burdock Brewery Releasing BUMO V Collaboration with Pearl Morissette WineryJuly 18, 2018
- MERIT Brewing Pulling Out Cellar Brews for Online Store LaunchJuly 18, 2018
- The Aviary Brewpub Opening This Month in Toronto’s Canary DistrictJuly 18, 2018
- Brewers Journal Canada Launching Brewers Lecture SeriesJuly 17, 2018
- Plan B Brewery & Lounge in St. Catharines Reportedly Closed DownJuly 17, 2018
Live Transmission Milkshake IPA (6.3% abv) is a well-hopped ale brewed with lactose sugar, grapefruit, orange peel, and coconut white tea.
According to a Facebook video posted by Flying Monkeys last Friday, the first batch of Live Transmission came off the canning line just before 9:00 AM that morning, and was available at the Big Bay Point LCBO in Barrie before 5:00 PM the same day.
It’s also available at the Flying Monkeys retail store, and will be on the shelves at LCBO locations throughout Ontario by March 1st, retailing for $3.25 per 473 ml can.
- Greg C. is drinking a Jelly Kiss by Bellwoods Brewery at Bellwoods BreweryExcellent mash-up of the two beers - light, tart, slightly salty - and passionfruit is a perfect addition. Could drink gallons of this!
- Greg C. is drinking a Bretty Bates II by Shacklands Brewing Company at King & DufferinLaidback funkiness, dark berries, red wine, wood - not sure if it was barrel aged, but it certainly tastes like it. Nice long finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hickson Porter Baltique by Brasserie Les 2 Frères at King & Dufferin2016 bottle. A bit oxidized but it works with the strong & malty beer. Dark caramel, coffee, burnt hazelnut, warm finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a 100th Meridian Organic Amber Lager by Mill Street Brewery at King & DufferinI agree with my assessment of the pre-organic version in Nov - it’s not as flavourful as in its early days. Perhaps even less so now.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bumo (Version IV) by Burdock at King & DufferinNotes of red wine, cherry wood, fruit gums, elegant funk. Pretty special stuff.