Neustadt Springs Brewery 150th Anniversary Open House
On July 8, 2009 At 11:06 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
NEUSTADT, ON – Neustadt Springs Brewery will be holding an open house next month to celebrate the 150th anniversary their building, which is the oldest operating brewery building in Ontario.
While the current Neustadt Springs Brewery was founded in 1997 by Val and Andy Stimpson, the brewery was built in 1859 by Henry Huether, who operated it as the Crystal Springs Brewery until 1916, when it was closed down due to prohibition. The building was used for several other purposes until 1972, after which it sat empty until the Stimpsons took over.
On Saturday, August 15th, the brewery will be open for all to visit. In addition, Val and Andy have invited members of the Huether family from all over the world to attend the historic celebration.