MONTREAL, QC – The organizers of Mondial de la bière, Montreal’s acclaimed annual beer festival, have announced that the ConferenceMBeer portion of festival which is normally restricted to trade and media will be open to the public this year for the first time.
ConferenceMBeer will include a wide-ranging series of talks and tastings, including:
- Christian Bauweraerts, founder of Achouffe Brewery (Belgium): The “Slowbrew Tour” of Belgium
- Philippe Gaïani, beer cocktail specialist (France): How to promote and sell special beers to your clientele and creation of beer cocktails
- Iacopo Lenci, Owner of Birrificio Brùton (Italy): Tasting Italian beers
- Steven Polewacyk, General Manager of the Vermont Pub and Brewery (United States): Greg Noonan’s story, his passion and love for the beer industry, as well as his relationship with Québec brewers
- Conrad Seidl, beer writer and journalist (Austria): Small scale brewing on both sides of the pond
- Eric Wallace, President and Co-Founder of Left Hand Brewery (United States): Wholesaling from the “Left Hand perspective”
For admission to these and other ConferenceMBeer events, festival attendees will need to preregister on the day of the event on a first-come first-served basis, and will be required to provide a number of tasting coupons per event.
Mondial de la bière 2010 takes place on June 2nd to 6th at Windsor Station and Courtyard in downtown Montreal.