VANCOUVER, BC – BC Beer Blog reports that renowned Vancouver beer bar Alibi Room will be marking the occasion of their 200th tap list with a party on December 22nd that will feature new and exclusive beers from a number of the province’s top craft breweries.
The main commemorative beer for the event is Megadestroyer Imperial Licorice Stout from Howe Sound Brewing. Described as “an Imperial ale, inky black, with roast flavors and curious essence of licorice at 10% alc,” Megadestroyer is limited to 700 litres and will available on draught exclusively at Alibi Room, and in bottles at select stores.
Other beers at the event will include:
- 2009 Oud Bruin by Iain Hill, Yaletown Brewing
- 2009 Pothole Filler Imperial Stout by Franco Corno, Howe Sound
- 2010 Old Cellar Dweller Barley Wine by Jason Meyer, Driftwood
- Alibi Dungeon Aged Barley Wine by Derrick Franche, Brewhouse at Whistler
- The Grand Imperial Espresso Stout by Conrad Gmoser, Steamworks
- The Roach IPA by Gary Lohin, Central City
- Thor’s Hammer Barley Wine by Gary Lohin, Central City
The event kicks off at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, with all beers available on a first come first served basis.