Flying Monkeys to Double Brewing Capacity with “Tank Drop” This Weekend
On February 3, 2012 At 8:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Sleeman Brewing Releases Historic Sparkling Ale for 30th AnniversaryNovember 19, 2018
- Waterloo Brewing Announces $9.6-Million Expansion ProjectNovember 19, 2018
- Black Swan Brewing Celebrating Grand Re-Opening This WeekendNovember 16, 2018
- The Growler Ontario Winter 2018 Issue Now AvailableNovember 16, 2018
- Forked River Brewing Announces Preview Tasting Event for Flanders Red AleNovember 16, 2018
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery will be doubling its capacity this weekend with the addition a four new beer tanks to the brewing facility.
Three new 90 hectolitre fermenters and one 100 hectolitre bright beer tank will be crane-lifted through the brewery’s removable roof starting at 8:00 AM on Saturday February 4th, and founder & brewer Peter Chiodo has invited Flying Monkeys fans to come down and watch the “Tank Drop”.
In a press release announcing the event, Chiodo notes that in keeping with the brewery’s efforts to support the local community, the delivery and installation of the tanks will involve a number of local businesses and tradespeople, and that the expansion will allow Flying Monkeys to “better meet the demand for their unique craft beers and continue developing new brands for the specialty beer market.”
- Greg C. is drinking a Wizard of Gose - Starfruit by Bandit Brewery at Bandit BreweryPurists may sniff as it’s not completely on style, even without the fruit. But it’s a fine tart beer with tasty starfruit & a hint of salt.
- Greg C. is drinking a 25e Anniversaire by Unibroue at King & Dufferin1+ year old. Apparently the cherries on the label weren’t obvious enough for me to realize this would be cherry flavoured. Well done though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Saison Dupont by Brasserie Dupont at King & DufferinIt’s Saison Dupont. What more do I need to say? #desertislandbeer
- Greg C. is drinking a When In Rome by Bar Hop at Bar Hop BrewcoFruit-flavoured stouts aren’t usually my kinda thing, but this is a good one. Berry flavours are very natural & work well with the beer.
- Greg C. is drinking a Steadfast by Tooth And Nail Brewing Company at Bar Hop BrewcoTicks all the boxes - dry roast malt, cocoa, hints of coffee & toasted nuts, bit of twiggy bitterness. A spot-on porter!