Flying Monkeys to Double Brewing Capacity with “Tank Drop” This Weekend
On February 3, 2012 At 8:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Market Brewing Releases From Afar Amber AleJuly 6, 2020
- Caps Off Brewing Releases Cans of Tip of the Hat Pale AleJuly 6, 2020
- Muskoka Brewery Releases Ebb & Flow with Plum and BoysenberryJuly 6, 2020
- (Cancelled and Postponed) Canadian Beer Festivals – July 3rd to 9th, 2020July 2, 2020
- Fenelon Falls Brewing Releases Gose and Mango GoseJuly 2, 2020
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery will be doubling its capacity this weekend with the addition a four new beer tanks to the brewing facility.
Three new 90 hectolitre fermenters and one 100 hectolitre bright beer tank will be crane-lifted through the brewery’s removable roof starting at 8:00 AM on Saturday February 4th, and founder & brewer Peter Chiodo has invited Flying Monkeys fans to come down and watch the “Tank Drop”.
In a press release announcing the event, Chiodo notes that in keeping with the brewery’s efforts to support the local community, the delivery and installation of the tanks will involve a number of local businesses and tradespeople, and that the expansion will allow Flying Monkeys to “better meet the demand for their unique craft beers and continue developing new brands for the specialty beer market.”
- Greg C. is drinking a Friends And Neighbours DIPA by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopI think the cat peed on the Christmas tree.
- Greg C. is drinking an Astronaut Food by Bar Hop at Bar HopWild grape juice on the nose and palate, along with nice subtle barnyard notes.
- Greg C. is drinking a Time's Not Waiting by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopBeautiful balance of barrel and beer. So well done, especially for the low abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Filè Farmhouse Ale by Scratch Brewing Company at Bar HopNot really sure what sassafras is supposed to taste Iike but the description of citrus and Froot Loops is right on the nose. Herbal as well.
- Greg C. is drinking a Something Simple by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopThe name sums it up - a simple, grassy rustic ale with everything in balance. Good one to prep the palate for a multi-beer evening.