Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases Meadow Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Ale with PassionfruitFebruary 17, 2020
- Muddy York Brewing and VQH Farms Release Twin Whiskers DIPAFebruary 14, 2020
- Nickel Brook Brewing Funk Lab Series Continues with Juicy Scoops No. 1 Lactose Pale AleFebruary 14, 2020
- Henderson Brewing Ides Series Continues with Henderson Cup 2020February 14, 2020
- Left Field Brewery Releases Goldpanner Smoked Black LagerFebruary 14, 2020
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl (No. 9) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin2+ years old but doesn’t show it at all. The body is lively, the raspberry flavour still pops, and the base beer is deliciously sour.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl (No. 10) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin2 years old so the hops have fallen back somewhat, but the Brett funk is gorgeous and plays so well with the apricot notes. Love it!
- Greg C. is drinking a Mean Muggin' by Nickel Brook Brewing Co. at King & DufferinHeavy on the coffee - like, REALLY heavy, even for me and I love extra dark roast espresso. Still enjoyed it, but would like more balance.
- Greg C. is drinking a Goldpanner by Left Field Brewery at King & DufferinGood balance of dark malt and smoke, and the medium-weight body carries the flavour well, through to the clean finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Glorioso by Left Field Brewery at King & DufferinCrisp & dry with a prominent herbal/floral character, and a lovely lime leaf note lingering in the palate in the finish.