Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Muskoka Brewery Releases 2019 Summer Survival Sampler PackMarch 25, 2019
- Storm Stayed Brewing Releases Noire Russian Imperial StoutMarch 22, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – March 22nd to 28th, 2019March 21, 2019
- Amsterdam Brewery and Gary Gillman Releasing 2019 Edition of 1870 AK BitterMarch 21, 2019
- Black Bellows Brewing Opening Brewpub in CollingwoodMarch 21, 2019
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking a ∞ Peppercorn Rye Saison by The Exchange Brewery at King & DufferinBottled in June 2017. Lots of layers & complexity - bit of funk, some tart fruit notes, rye astringency & pepper in the dry finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Dragon’s Milk by New Holland BrewingSplit at tasting. 4.5 years old. One of the most balanced and drinkable bourbon barrel aged stouts around. Always a treat.
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze by Brouwerij 3 FonteinenSplit at a tasting. 3 years old. Absolute magic. chefkiss.gif
- Greg C. is drinking a Trappist Westvleteren 12 (2012) by Brouwerij De Sint-Sixtusabdij van WestvleterenSplit at tasting. #realtalk - I’ve never thought this beer is as good as it’s reputation. But I know I’m in the minority. And that’s OK.
- Greg C. is drinking a Black Ops (2008) by Brooklyn BrewerySplit at tasting. 11 years old and held up beautifully. Barely a hint of oxidization, great depth of flavour, rich mocha & oak. Fantastic!