Ontario Craft Brewers Announce Holiday 2012 Discovery Pack
On November 2, 2012 At 3:00 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – November 16th to 22nd, 2018November 15, 2018
- Full Beard Brewing Planning Expansion to Second Location to OttawaNovember 15, 2018
- Collective Arts Brewing Opens Ticket Sales for 2019 Liquid Art FestivalNovember 15, 2018
- Napanee Beer Company Receives Funding for ExpansionNovember 15, 2018
- Dominion City Brewing and Muttonhead Releasing Leave No Trace Pale AleNovember 15, 2018
The beers featured in this Holiday 2012 installment of the series include:
- Black Oak Nut Brown Ale
- Flying Monkeys Smashbomb Atomic IPA
- King Dark Lager
- Lake of Bays Spark House Red Ale
- Old Credit Pale Pilsner
- Wellington Arkell Best Bitter
More details about the pack, including tasting notes and a list of participating LCBO locations, will be posted soon on the OCB website.
- Greg C. is drinking a When In Rome by Bar Hop at Bar Hop BrewcoFruit-flavoured stouts aren’t usually my kinda thing, but this is a good one. Berry flavours are very natural & work well with the beer.
- Greg C. is drinking a Steadfast by Tooth And Nail Brewing Company at Bar Hop BrewcoTicks all the boxes - dry roast malt, cocoa, hints of coffee & toasted nuts, bit of twiggy bitterness. A spot-on porter!
- Greg C. is drinking a Dubbel Entendre by Black Oak Brewing Company at King & Dufferin5.5 year old bottle. Noticeably oxidized but still enjoyable. Notes of dried fruit, baked apple, coffee, rye bread & dark malt. Warm finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Kindred Spirits by Innis & Gunn at King & DufferinSimple & solid robust stout with nicely integrated whisky & wood notes. Sweet but not overly so. Pretty well balanced, actually. Well done.
- Greg C. is drinking a Petrus Winter #9 by Brouwerij De Brabandere at King & Dufferin3 year old bottle. Notes of caramel toffee and autumn/winter spices. Oxidization and fairly light carbonation belie its age. But still good.