VANKLEEK HILL, ON – Beau’s All Natural Brewing has announced the imminent return of a popular installment in the Wild Oats limited edition beer series, as well as plans for a number of new beers and events next month, which they have once again dubbed FeBREWary.
First up is this year’s edition of Winterbrewed Coffee-Amber, a coffee-infused amber ale made in collaboration with Bridgehead coffee roastery. Made with a blend of Mexican, Guatemalan and Ethiopian organic fair-trade coffees, Winterbrewed is described as follows:
Malty, roasted, toasted flavours of coffee and barley meld with nutty, fruity inflections. The interplay is carried forward in the aroma, where caramel, peach and a touch of lime underpin fresh coffee and amber malt notes.
In February – or rather, FeBREWary – the brewery will be kicking things into high gear with seven beer releases, including:
- Oiseau de Nuit, a pumpkin gruit brewed in collaboration with Dick Cantwell of Elysian Brewing in Seattle, WA. (Feb 1st)
- An Oatmeal Gruit brewed in collaboration with beer historian Ron Pattinson, based on an historical recipe from the 1400s. (Feb 7th)
- BogFather, the amped up version of Beau’s winter seasonal BogWater that was first available in a limited run of 1000 bottles in 2011, and is now back in a larger release. (Feb 15th)
- An Imperial Pilsner that is the latest installment in the Beau’s Pro/Am Series of beers created in collaboration with award winning homebrewers. (Feb 21st)
- This year’s edition of spring seasonal Beaver River IPA. (Feb 21st)
- The return of Strong Patrick Irish Red, a previous Wild Oats release. (Feb 28th)
- A new edition in the Greener Futures beer club series. (style & release date TBC)
In addition to releasing all of these beers, Beau’s will be holding and participating in many events throughout the month, including Ottawa’s Winter Brewed Festival (Feb 16th & 17th), a beer dinner at Urban Element in Ottawa (Feb 13th), a Brewers Breakfast in Vankleek Hill (Feb 24th), and a release party for the Pro/Am Imperial Pilsner at Toronto’s Get Well Bar (Feb 21st).