Central City & Flying Monkeys Announce Collaboration Ale
On May 13, 2013 At 3:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Sawdust City Brewing Releasing Either/Or Dark SaisonJanuary 16, 2019
- Superflux Beer Releases Romantic Devastation Imperial StoutJanuary 15, 2019
- Steel & Oak Brewing and Boombox Brewing Releasing A-Side & B-Side IPA Mixed PackJanuary 15, 2019
- Collective Arts Brewing Releases Simcoe & Amarillo Edition of Surround Sound DIPAJanuary 15, 2019
- Riot Brewing Releasing Sour Outage Passionfruit Plum Dark SourJanuary 14, 2019
Imperial Red On Red Collaboration Ale is described as follows:
The Canadian flag – red in the east; red in the west. Double Red. A perfect style for the “East meets West” collaboration born at the 2012 Session Toronto Craft Beer Festival between BC’s Central City Brewers & Distillers and Ontario’s Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery. This Limited Edition Double Red Ale has been single-hopped using the first release of the brand new “Mosaic” hops bringing out floral notes of Papaya and Guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.
The first batch of Red On Red was brewed at Central City, and will be released soon in a limited run of bottles available at select private liquor stores in BC, and on tap at the Central City Brewpub.
A second batch will be brewed soon at Flying Monkeys, and will be released in Ontario sometime this summer, with format and distribution details to be confirmed.
- Greg C. is drinking a Brett Peach by Burdock at King & Dufferin2+ years old but still lively & effervescent. Brett notes have a mild funk that mingles nicely with the peach that remains. A nice treat!
- Greg C. is drinking an Ebb & Flow by Muskoka Brewery at King & DufferinIt has a nice tart citrus character - notably lime - and is clean & refreshing on the palate. The finish is a bit wan & watery, though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at King & DufferinRight on the mark for the style - hazy appearance, soft on the palate, aroma & flavour of tropical fruit & sweet citrus. Quite nice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Toute Est Dans Toute by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNot the most complex or experimental beer either of the breweries have made, but a nice rustic saison with a slightly fruity funkiness.
- Greg C. is drinking a The Silver Tart by Big Spruce Brewing at King & DufferinTop notch kettle sour with additional kick of tartness from the raspberry. Feels like a summer beer but just as tasty in January.