Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Sawdust City Brewing Releasing Either/Or Dark SaisonJanuary 16, 2019
- Collective Arts Brewing Releases Simcoe & Amarillo Edition of Surround Sound DIPAJanuary 15, 2019
- Market Brewing Releases Fruitilicious Pomegranate Cherry Kettle SourJanuary 14, 2019
- Brown Van Brewing Purchased by Original Local BeersJanuary 14, 2019
- Left Field Brewery Announces Small Ball Mini Cask Fest 2019January 14, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking a Brett Peach by Burdock at King & Dufferin2+ years old but still lively & effervescent. Brett notes have a mild funk that mingles nicely with the peach that remains. A nice treat!
- Greg C. is drinking an Ebb & Flow by Muskoka Brewery at King & DufferinIt has a nice tart citrus character - notably lime - and is clean & refreshing on the palate. The finish is a bit wan & watery, though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at King & DufferinRight on the mark for the style - hazy appearance, soft on the palate, aroma & flavour of tropical fruit & sweet citrus. Quite nice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Toute Est Dans Toute by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNot the most complex or experimental beer either of the breweries have made, but a nice rustic saison with a slightly fruity funkiness.
- Greg C. is drinking a The Silver Tart by Big Spruce Brewing at King & DufferinTop notch kettle sour with additional kick of tartness from the raspberry. Feels like a summer beer but just as tasty in January.