Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- (Cancelled and Postponed) Canadian Beer Festivals – August 14th to 20th, 2020August 13, 2020
- Left Field Brewery Releases Squeeze Play Cherry Lime SourAugust 13, 2020
- Henderson Brewing Ides Series Continues with Chef Avtar’s WitbierAugust 13, 2020
- Amsterdam Brewery Releases Adventure Brews Mix PackAugust 13, 2020
- Muddy York Brewing Releases Yes Mike, It’s Another New England IPAAugust 13, 2020
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.