Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Henderson Brewing Releases Quinquennial Robust PorterJanuary 20, 2021
- Sawdust City Brewing Releases Twin Oaks Barrel-Aged Brett AleJanuary 20, 2021
- Bellwoods Brewery Releases Guatemala Waykan Edition of A Stout With CoffeeJanuary 20, 2021
- Fairweather Brewing Releases 2020 Vintage of Wishing Well Imperial StoutJanuary 20, 2021
- Left Field Brewery Brings Back Squeeze Play Pink Lemonade SourJanuary 20, 2021
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.