Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Canadian Beer Festivals – August 23rd to 29th, 2019August 22, 2019
- Half Hours On Earth Releases Attenborough Oak Aged Farmhouse Mild for WWF CanadaAugust 22, 2019
- Nickel Brook Brewing Funk Lab Series Continues with In This Corner Brett vs. Brut IPAAugust 22, 2019
- Sawdust City Brewing Releasing Blackberry Juicin’ and Peach Juicin’August 21, 2019
- “Tales From The Ale Trail” Beer & Travel Show Now Streaming on YouTubeAugust 20, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking an Ikinuki Ungespundetes Kellerbier by Godspeed Brewery at Bar Hop BrewcoGood lager with strong malt base but heavy hit of hops as well. Good body, full but not heavy. A pleasure to drink.
- Greg C. is drinking an After Hours: Raspberry Sour by PEI Brewing Company (Gahan) at King & DufferinSurprised to find this treat from my home province at the LCBO. Very good raspberry sour with natural tasting tart berry flavour.
- Greg C. is drinking a Breakfast Stout by Founders Brewing Co. at King & DufferinClose to 2 years old. A bit oxidized but still everything you expect from FBS - chocolate, coffee, tasted oats & more. Always a classic.
- Greg C. is drinking a Monks' Reserve Ale by Spencer Brewery at King & DufferinDoesn’t have the depth of a Belgian Trappist, but for a New World take on a Quad, it’s very good with strong malt base & nice spice notes.
- Greg C. is drinking an Extra Brut Ipa by 3 Brasseurs | 3 Brewers at The 3 BrewersHits the target for what I expect from the style - very dry, effervescent, aromatic, refreshing & quick to drink. Well done!