Ontario Release Confirmed for Central City & Flying Monkeys Collaboration Ale
On June 24, 2013 At 10:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Bandit Brewery Releases Mangrove IPAMarch 18, 2019
- Railway City Brewing Releases 2019 Edition of Maple BockMarch 18, 2019
- Trestle Brewing Launches 30,000 Islands IPAMarch 18, 2019
- Central City Brewers Announces 2019 Edition of Red Racer Across The Nation Collaboration Mixed PackMarch 15, 2019
- Left Field Brewery Releases Wahconah Brett IPA, Brings Back WHIP Piña Colada Smoothie IPAMarch 15, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Following on a release in BC last month and an Ontario preview at the Session Toronto beer festival this past weekend, details have been confirmed for a full-scale Ontario release of the trans-Canada collaboration beer from Central City Brewing and Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv beer that was initiated at last year’s Session when Flying Monkeys took the award for best one-off beer at the event, and won the opportunity to work with Central City on a limited edition beer.
The first batch of Red on Red was brewed at Central City’s brewery in Surrey, BC when Flying Monkeys brewer Paul Buttery visited in March. Brewing of a second batch took place last week at Flying Monkeys, with brewmaster Gary Lohin on hand to represent Central City.
The Ontario-brewed version of Red on Red will debut in bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store on August 8th, with a wider release at LCBO outlets across Ontario planned to follow in September.
- Greg C. is drinking a Chocolate Cheesecake Milkshake Stout by Rochester Mills Beer Co. at King & DufferinThe flavour delivers what the name promises. And like most cheesecake it’s too sweet for me personally. But I can still see the attraction.
- Greg C. is drinking an Union Pearson Ale by Henderson Brewing Co at King & DufferinRecently reformulated & better for it. Strong citrus character, bit of pine, malt backnote. Reminds me of classic US IPAs & that’s good.
- Greg C. is drinking a Route 26 by Northwinds Brewhouse & Kitchen at King & DufferinVery nice roasty character, notes of cocoa and hazelnut, good hit of hops to balance. Glad a friend from the area passed this along to me.
- Greg C. is drinking a Bianca Mango Lassi Gose (6%) by Omnipollo at King & DufferinOn paper, this seems like a gimmick beer I should hate. In reality, it’s a delicious explosion of milky & slightly salty mango that I love.
- Greg C. is drinking an Only Mistral IPA by Stone City Ales at King & DufferinNicely balanced beer that shows off the sweet citrus & slightly floral notes of the hops. Restrained for an IPA, but still enjoyed it.