TORONTO, ON – This week’s issue of Toronto alternative news and entertainment paper NOW Magazine includes the 2013 edition of the publication’s annual Toronto Beer Guide.
Written primarily by new NOW drinks writer Sarah Parniak – with contributions by Andrew Sardone and food critic Steven Davey – the Guide is available in full on the NOW website, and includes the following content:
- Toronto’s best beer bars – The headline says it all.
- You gotta eat while you drink – Mini-reviews of various Toronto restaurants that “have intriguing beer lists or the food pairs up nicely”.
- Beer cocktails mix it up – A look at three beer-based cocktails available in local bars, with a sidebar featuring Sarah Parniak’s own reworked classics
- 5 local ciders – A clearly described round-up of a reviews of 5 Ontario-made ciders.
- Small but mighty – Bullet-point profiles of four recently launched small breweries in Ontario.
- Local vs the world – Head-to-head reviews of 7 local beers vs. imports in a similar style.
- Beer + whisky = excellent – A trio of beer & whisky pairing suggestions.
- Wanna be a brewmaster? – A brief profile of the brewmaster program at Niagara College.
- Breaking the (beer)glass ceiling – Q&A interviews with three influential women in the local craft beer scene.
- Ale accessories – A look at a few beer-related gadgets and gift items.
The paper version of the Toronto Beer Guide is available in the July 11-17 edition of NOW Magazine, available now in street boxes, shops, restaurants and other locations throughout the GTA.