Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Braumeister Brewing Releasing Promenade Alt and Fastenbier MaibockMarch 31, 2020
- Bandit Brewery Releases Bermuda DDH IPAMarch 30, 2020
- Muddy York Brewing Releases Kross PilsnerMarch 30, 2020
- Beaches Brewing To Reopen Brewpub Location in East TorontoMarch 30, 2020
- Left Field Brewery Releases Ice Cold Beer 100% Ontario AleMarch 27, 2020
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Friends And Neighbours DIPA by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopI think the cat peed on the Christmas tree.
- Greg C. is drinking an Astronaut Food by Bar Hop at Bar HopWild grape juice on the nose and palate, along with nice subtle barnyard notes.
- Greg C. is drinking a Time's Not Waiting by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopBeautiful balance of barrel and beer. So well done, especially for the low abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Filè Farmhouse Ale by Scratch Brewing Company at Bar HopNot really sure what sassafras is supposed to taste Iike but the description of citrus and Froot Loops is right on the nose. Herbal as well.
- Greg C. is drinking a Something Simple by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopThe name sums it up - a simple, grassy rustic ale with everything in balance. Good one to prep the palate for a multi-beer evening.