Ontario-Brewed Edition of Flying Monkeys & Central City Collaborative Ale Coming Soon
On September 4, 2013 At 11:30 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Left Field Brewery Releases Southpaw Southern Hemisphere IPAMay 17, 2019
- Grain & Grit Beer Co. Releases Reserve Series Editions of High+Dry Sour Saison and Thrillsner Dry-Hopped PilsMay 17, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – May 17th to 23rd, 2019May 16, 2019
- Town Brewery and North Standard Releasing Collaboration for The Nature Conservancy of CanadaMay 16, 2019
- Henderson Brewing Monthly Ides Series Continues with Circus Riot Old AleMay 16, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has revealed via Instagram that Red on Red Imperial Red Ale, a beer created in collaboration with Surrey BC’s Central City Brewing, will soon be available in Ontario.
The first edition of Red on Red was brewed at Central City earlier this year and released in BC in May. Following that, a batch was brewed for Ontario when Central City’s Gary Lohin visited Flying Monkeys in June, and that version is set to be released soon.
Red on Red Imperial Red Ale is a 9.5% abv strong ale described as having “floral notes of papaya and guava, creating a unique flavour and aroma when married with the Pale, Munich and Three Crystal malts.” It will be available in a limited edition run of 750 ml bottles at select LCBO locations and the Flying Monkey’s retail store in Barrie.
- Greg C. is drinking a Porch Pirate by Big Rock Brewery at Liberty Commons at Big Rock BreweryNot as big & juicy as most NEIPAs, but still sufficiently tropical with good balance. Sometimes a bit of subtlety is appreciated.
- Greg C. is drinking a Monogamy (HBC 522) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinCitrus notes up front, herbal backnote with odd hint of cherry candy. An interesting hop strain, hope to try more beers brewed with it.
- Greg C. is drinking a Monogamy (Sasquatch) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinI feel like a bad Canadian beer fan for saying it but I don’t find that Sasquatch hops work well in single hop beers. Too earthy, I think.
- Greg C. is drinking a Double Jutsu by Bellwoods Brewery at King & Dufferin5 day old can & the best this beer has ever been. Big, bright aroma & flavour of orange & apricot & a bit of mango. Long finish. Delish!
- Greg C. is drinking an Epiphany No. 1 by Black Oak Brewing Company at King & Dufferin4.5 years old, aged beautifully. Dark malt, dried cherry, raisin, port, light notes of oak & leather. Barely a hint of booze. Excellent!