Perth Brewing U-Brew Facility Launches Perth Brewery
On September 13, 2013 At 10:15 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
A family business run by founder Terry Steeves, his son Jeremy Steeves, and his partner Cathy Brown, the Perth Brewing “u-brew” operation has been producing beer and wine since 1993, and is one of the largest facilities of its kind in Ontario.
Inspired by the growing demand for local craft beer, the company decided to expand into a commercial brewing operation, and installed a 16 barrel brewhouse this past March, along with three 50 litre brew kettles to allow them to produce their all natural beer in small batches.
Brands produced by Perth Brewery on a rotating basis include:
- 121 Light – “Refreshing light lager.”
- 121 Lager – “Easy drinking, crisp & clean.”
- Honey Lager – “Crisp flavour with a hint of local honey.”
- Euro – “Clean, refreshing European style pilsner.”
- Cream Ale – “Golden in colour with a clean finish.”
- Easy Amber – “Well-balanced red ale. Smooth, rich & toasty.”
- Hopside IPA – “Dry hopped with whole leaf Amarillo hops for lots o’ hoppy aromas.”
- Wheelhouse Porter – “Rich, complex brew that is smooth and full-flavoured.”
- Mocha Stout – “Intense with lots of coffee, chocolate & vanilla flavour.”
The beers are currently sold exclusively at the Perth Brewery retail store (121 Dufferin St., Highway 7, Perth), where they are available in cans and kegs. The brewery has also participated in several local events and festivals over the summer, and will be pouring at the Ottawa Wine & Food Show in November.
Expansion into the pub and restaurant trade is imminent, with plans to soon have Perth Brewery beers available at licensed establishments throughout the Ottawa Valley and beyond.