Flying Moneys Releases Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA
On February 27, 2014 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Wellington Brewery Announces Queen of Craft 2019 Event SeriesJanuary 22, 2019
- Market Brewing Releases Take Me Back Tropical StoutJanuary 21, 2019
- Abe Erb Brewing Opens Third Location in Ayr, OntarioJanuary 21, 2019
- Left Field Brewery Releases Glorioso Italian PilsnerJanuary 18, 2019
- Henderson Brewing Ides Series Continues with O-Pee-Chee LagerJanuary 18, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced the release of a new limited edition beer that is currently being previewed at the brewery in advance of a wider release this spring.
Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA, described as a “strongly hopped, roughly filtered, robust 10% abv beer that pays homage to all the hop bombs that have transformed our minds and palates.”
Shoulders of Giants is available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in Barrie, and it will be a featured beer at the Flying Monkeys Hostile Tap Takeover event at Toronto’s Cloak & Dagger Pub on March 6th. A full-scale release via the LCBO will follow in a few weeks.
- Greg C. is drinking a Collective Project: IPA No. 8 by Collective Arts Brewing at King & DufferinI honestly can’t add much to what the commercial description already tells you, except to say that it’s excellent.
- Greg C. is drinking a Brett Peach by Burdock at King & Dufferin2+ years old but still lively & effervescent. Brett notes have a mild funk that mingles nicely with the peach that remains. A nice treat!
- Greg C. is drinking an Ebb & Flow by Muskoka Brewery at King & DufferinIt has a nice tart citrus character - notably lime - and is clean & refreshing on the palate. The finish is a bit wan & watery, though.
- Greg C. is drinking a Hazy Little Thing by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. at King & DufferinRight on the mark for the style - hazy appearance, soft on the palate, aroma & flavour of tropical fruit & sweet citrus. Quite nice.
- Greg C. is drinking a Toute Est Dans Toute by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinNot the most complex or experimental beer either of the breweries have made, but a nice rustic saison with a slightly fruity funkiness.