Flying Moneys Releases Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA
On February 27, 2014 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Nita Beer Co. Curates Multi-Brewer Ottawa Craft Beer Mixed Pack for Summer 2019July 19, 2019
- Halcyon Barrel House Brings Back Life Advice Table BeerJuly 19, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 19th to 25th, 2019July 18, 2019
- NOW Magazine Beer Issue 2019 Now AvailableJuly 18, 2019
- Fenelon Falls Brewing Releases East Coast IPA and Kawartha Sparkling AleJuly 18, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced the release of a new limited edition beer that is currently being previewed at the brewery in advance of a wider release this spring.
Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA, described as a “strongly hopped, roughly filtered, robust 10% abv beer that pays homage to all the hop bombs that have transformed our minds and palates.”
Shoulders of Giants is available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in Barrie, and it will be a featured beer at the Flying Monkeys Hostile Tap Takeover event at Toronto’s Cloak & Dagger Pub on March 6th. A full-scale release via the LCBO will follow in a few weeks.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl (No. 18) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinGood balance of tart passionfruit & mildly funky sour ale, with supporting notes of oak, lemon, stonefruit & pineapple. Sharp & satisfying.
- Greg C. is drinking a Social Parade DDH IPA by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingOh, that’s dank. And delicious. Lotsa grapefruit, some ripe peach, hint of spruce. Drinks dangerously quickly for the abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Sitting Pretty APA by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingDelivers the dominant citrus promised in the description, along with some pine and a peppery backnote, perhaps from the rye.
- Greg C. is drinking a Raspberry Lemon Rosemary Kennel Sour by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingStarts with raspberry, with lemon coming through in the middle, and rosemary sitting nicely in the finish. Super summer beverage.
- Greg C. is drinking a Li'l Hobo Hefeweizen by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingNot as hazy as I expect from the style - it’s more Kristall than Hefe - but the banana & clove notes are there, along with a bit of lemon.