Flying Moneys Releases Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA
On February 27, 2014 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Storm Stayed Brewing Releases Noire Russian Imperial StoutMarch 22, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – March 22nd to 28th, 2019March 21, 2019
- Amsterdam Brewery and Gary Gillman Releasing 2019 Edition of 1870 AK BitterMarch 21, 2019
- Black Bellows Brewing Opening Brewpub in CollingwoodMarch 21, 2019
- Sawdust City Brewing Releasing Twice Removed Oatmeal Brown AleMarch 20, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced the release of a new limited edition beer that is currently being previewed at the brewery in advance of a wider release this spring.
Shoulders of Giants Imperial IPA, described as a “strongly hopped, roughly filtered, robust 10% abv beer that pays homage to all the hop bombs that have transformed our minds and palates.”
Shoulders of Giants is available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in Barrie, and it will be a featured beer at the Flying Monkeys Hostile Tap Takeover event at Toronto’s Cloak & Dagger Pub on March 6th. A full-scale release via the LCBO will follow in a few weeks.
- Greg C. is drinking a Dragon’s Milk by New Holland BrewingSplit at tasting. 4.5 years old. One of the most balanced and drinkable bourbon barrel aged stouts around. Always a treat.
- Greg C. is drinking a 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze by Brouwerij 3 FonteinenSplit at a tasting. 3 years old. Absolute magic. chefkiss.gif
- Greg C. is drinking a Trappist Westvleteren 12 (2012) by Brouwerij De Sint-Sixtusabdij van WestvleterenSplit at tasting. #realtalk - I’ve never thought this beer is as good as it’s reputation. But I know I’m in the minority. And that’s OK.
- Greg C. is drinking a Black Ops (2008) by Brooklyn BrewerySplit at tasting. 11 years old and held up beautifully. Barely a hint of oxidization, great depth of flavour, rich mocha & oak. Fantastic!
- Greg C. is drinking a Wisconsin Belgian Red by New Glarus Brewing CompanySplit at tasting. 12 years old. Still remarkable. Cherry for daaaaaaaaaays!