The Georgia Straight Beer Issue Now Available
On May 23, 2014 At 2:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
VANCOUVER, BC – As a preview of sorts for the upcoming 5th annual edition of Vancouver Craft Beer Week, Vancouver arts and culture weekly The Georgia Straight has published a Beer Issue, featuring a variety of articles about beer and related topics including:
- A feature story on the continuing growth of B.C.’s craft brewing industry.
- A round-up of five new beers recommended by “local brewmasters and beer enthusiasts”.
- A look at the work that Central City Brewers & Distillers has been doing to raise awareness and funds for autism research.
- A visit to the craft breweries and other sites in Tacoma, Washington.
- Several beer & food articles including tips on pairing from cicerone Don Farion, beer-friendly recipes from chef Brett Turner, and a short review of David Ort’s The Canadian Craft Beer Cookbook.
- A list of selected events from the jam-packed Vancouver Craft Beer Week calendar.
- A guide to a few new bars and pubs in Vancouver that have chosen to go TV-free.
The paper edition of this week’s issue of The Georgia Straight (May 22nd-29th cover date) is available now for free at many locations in and around Vancouver.