MONTREAL, QC – The organizers of Mondial de la Bière – one of North America’s largest and most diverse beer festivals – have announced details for its 21st annual edition, which will be taking place at Palais des Congrès de Montréal on June 11 to 15, 2014.
Set to feature 570 beers, ciders and meads from more than 100 breweries and producers from around the world, this year’s edition of Mondial will include the following highlights:
- The MBeer Conference, a series of beer seminars and workshops taking place during the festival.
- The 9th annual MBeer Greg Noonan Contest, a juried tasting competition named for the late brewing expert Greg Noonan that will award one platinum and 10 gold medals to the best beers available at the festival.
- Spotlight kiosks for craft beers from Brazil and Italy.
- Bistro des Régions featuring beers from small breweries in Quebec’s rural regions including Brasserie Dunham (Eastern Townships), Microbrasserie Du Lièvre (Laurentians), Lion d’Or (Eastern Townships) and Microbrasserie du Lac St-Jean (Saguenay — Lac St-Jean).
- Cooking With Beer area presented by IGA.
- Flaveurs Bières et Caprices, a ticketed evening event featuring a variety of gourmet food and beer pairings.
- The Biertrotters Club, a $20 membership program that offers a variety of exclusive deals and discounts at the festival and related events.
- …and much more.
Admission to Mondial de la Bière is free, with sampling tickets available for $1, and 3-4 oz beer samples being served for between 2 and 6 tickets each. Festival hours of operation are 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM on Wednesday June 11th to Saturday June 14th, and 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Sunday June 15th.
For more details, see the Mondial de la Bière Montréal 2014 website.