Flying Monkeys Announces Pair of Autumn Seasonals
On September 17, 2014 At 11:15 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Nita Beer Co. Curates Multi-Brewer Ottawa Craft Beer Mixed Pack for Summer 2019July 19, 2019
- Halcyon Barrel House Brings Back Life Advice Table BeerJuly 19, 2019
- Canadian Beer Festivals – July 19th to 25th, 2019July 18, 2019
- NOW Magazine Beer Issue 2019 Now AvailableJuly 18, 2019
- Fenelon Falls Brewing Releases East Coast IPA and Kawartha Sparkling AleJuly 18, 2019
BARRIE, ON – Flying Monkeys Craft Brewery has announced release details for two new limited edition beers for autumn.
Paranormal Imperial Pumpkin Ale is a strong spiced ale described as follows:
Doused with exotic warm spices, Paranormal evokes the aromas of pumpkin pie, graham cracker crust, and the toasty aura of autumn. Pouring with an otherworldly orange glimmer, Paranormal channels the subtle blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice in the spirited body of a 10% alc./vol. beer. Brewed with roasted pumpkin and spices, Paranormal’s rich mouthfeel and a slightly hazy body emerge from a realm where substance and shadow cross.
Division By Zero Imperial Nut Brown IPA is a unique hybrid ale with the following notes:
Division by Zero is a mash-up of the classic American Brown Ale and American IPA. Overall, this beer is a bigger, maltier, hoppier version of the American Brown ale that celebrates the IPAs penchant for citrusy hops. Taste All Centennial hopped, our Imperial Nut Brown IPA pours a medium brown colour with hints of copper and intricate lacing. Floral, honey, and citrus notes waft above a clean yet juicily complex body finishing with citrus and warm bitterness.
Both beers are available now in 750 ml bottles at the Flying Monkeys retail store in downtown Barrie. Paranormal will also be available soon at select LCBO locations, while Division will be offered to export markets but will remain exclusive to the brewery store in Ontario.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl (No. 18) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinGood balance of tart passionfruit & mildly funky sour ale, with supporting notes of oak, lemon, stonefruit & pineapple. Sharp & satisfying.
- Greg C. is drinking a Social Parade DDH IPA by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingOh, that’s dank. And delicious. Lotsa grapefruit, some ripe peach, hint of spruce. Drinks dangerously quickly for the abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Sitting Pretty APA by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingDelivers the dominant citrus promised in the description, along with some pine and a peppery backnote, perhaps from the rye.
- Greg C. is drinking a Raspberry Lemon Rosemary Kennel Sour by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingStarts with raspberry, with lemon coming through in the middle, and rosemary sitting nicely in the finish. Super summer beverage.
- Greg C. is drinking a Li'l Hobo Hefeweizen by Black Lab Brewing at Black Lab BrewingNot as hazy as I expect from the style - it’s more Kristall than Hefe - but the banana & clove notes are there, along with a bit of lemon.