Garrison Releases Collaboration With Great Lakes & Metalman
On September 4, 2015 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Garrison Brewing Announces Details for Home Brew-Off 2020January 13, 2020
- 2 Crows Brewing Releases Merida IPAJanuary 8, 2020
- Nova Scotia Spirit Company Launches Painted Boat Beer CompanyJanuary 2, 2020
- Sober Island Brewing Opens New Taproom and Retail StoreDecember 20, 2019
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Tinto Flanders-Style RedDecember 19, 2019
Brewed in early August when reps from the guest breweries were visiting Halifax for the Seaport Beer Festival, Not So Gentle Tickle IPA is a 7% abv and 55 IBU ale made using whole leaf Amarillo, Citra and Columbus hops. The result is described as having “a bold hop flavour with juicy, citrusy and fruity aspects.”
Not So Gentle Tickle was launched yesterday at both the original and summer beergarden locations of Stillwell. It’s also available at the Garrison retail store in a limited run of 650 ml bottles.
- Greg C. is drinking a Darkside Dry by Lake City Cider at King & DufferinNot a lot of complexity, but a good sweet-dry balance, and a fresh apple character with a clean finish.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barn Owl (No. 19) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinIf Jelly King had an older and cooler brother, it would be this beer.
- Greg C. is drinking a Donkey Venom w/ Black Currant (2018) by Bellwoods Brewery at King & DufferinA good sour ale with a big hit of tart black currant. Showing it’s age a bit, with some leathery oxidization. But still enjoyed it.
- Greg C. is drinking a Translucidus by Folly Brewpub at King & DufferinLovely & lively beer with moderate brett funk and subtle tropical fruit notes. Finish is dry and clean.
- Greg C. is drinking a Barrel Aged Farmhouse Saison by Mascot Brewery at King & DufferinThere’s a lot going on in this one - sharp & acidic tartness up front, some funk coming through, mellow oak, lemon & lime zest - very good!