Manantler Brewing Releasing Official Eagles of Death Metal Beer
On March 10, 2016 At 10:45 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Cowbell Brewing Renegade Series Continues with Kveik Pale AleApril 3, 2020
- Steam Whistle Brewing Launching Steam Whistle Session LagerApril 3, 2020
- Muddy York Brewing Releases You Should Smile More Pink Guava IPAApril 3, 2020
- (Cancelled and Postponed) Canadian Beer Festivals – April 3rd to 9th, 2020April 2, 2020
- Left Field Brewery and The Beer Sisters Release Queen of Baseball IPAApril 2, 2020
BOWMANVILLE, ON – The Toronto Star reports that one of Ontario’s smallest breweries has gotten approval from one of the world’s biggest rock bands to release a beer in their honour.
Boots Electric IPA will be released by Bowmanville’s Manantler Brewing in May to correspond with a Canadian tour by Eagles of Death Metal, one of the favourite bands of brewery co-owner and fellow musician James Gorry.
Named after one of the nicknames of EODM’s lead singer Jesse Hughes and sporting a label by designer Rachel Riordan that features a drawing of Hughes riding a tiger, Boots Electric will not only pay tribute to the group, but will also support the families of victims of the terrorist attack at the EODM show in Paris last November, with $1 from each bottle sold to be donated to EODM co-founder Josh Homme’s Sweet Stuff Foundation.
For more details, see the full Toronto Star article.
- Greg C. is drinking a Friends And Neighbours DIPA by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopI think the cat peed on the Christmas tree.
- Greg C. is drinking an Astronaut Food by Bar Hop at Bar HopWild grape juice on the nose and palate, along with nice subtle barnyard notes.
- Greg C. is drinking a Time's Not Waiting by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopBeautiful balance of barrel and beer. So well done, especially for the low abv.
- Greg C. is drinking a Filè Farmhouse Ale by Scratch Brewing Company at Bar HopNot really sure what sassafras is supposed to taste Iike but the description of citrus and Froot Loops is right on the nose. Herbal as well.
- Greg C. is drinking a Something Simple by Dominion City Brewing Co. at Bar HopThe name sums it up - a simple, grassy rustic ale with everything in balance. Good one to prep the palate for a multi-beer evening.