The annual competition features thousands of beers from around the world, with regional heats of blind tastings taking place in various countries in Europe, Asia and The Americas, followed by a final tasting of style winners from each region to select the World’s Best.
World’s Best winners from Canada for this year include:
- Belgian Style Strong Dark – Unibroue Trois Pistoles
- Czech-style Pale Lager – Thornbury Pickup Truck Pilsner
- Altbier Pale Ale – Les Trois Mousquetaires Série Signature Sticke Alt
- Amber Pale Ale – Red Truck Ale
- Belgian Style Tripel – Unibroue La Fin Du Monde
- Pale Ale – La Voie Maltee La Faisant-Malt
- Porter – Bilboquet La Corriveau
- Imperial Stout – La Voie Maltee La Criminelle (also overall winner for all Stout & Porter styles)
The list of all winners and runners-up in the Canadian regional heat was announced last month, and is posted on the World Beer Awards website. The full list of World’s Best winners can also be viewed online.