TORONTO, ON – Inside Toronto reports that an historic tavern in Toronto’s west end is hoping to install an on-site brewery as part of a proposed redevelopment.
The Blue Goose Tavern is located in a circa-1909 building at 1 Blue Goose Avenue in the Mimico neighbourhood of Toronto’s South Etobicoke area. Originally known as the Windsor Public House, the establishment has been owned by the Chemij family since 1958, and became known as the Blue Goose in 1971.
The bar and restaurant is housed on the ground floor of the building, with 18 rental units on the two floors above. Proposed changes include “the construction of a fourth storey and an east-side addition, a new microbrewery in the basement, a renovated restaurant on the ground level, and a total of 18 new rental dwelling units on the upper levels of the building.”
The Etobicoke York Community Council have approved a community consultation phase on the project, and a public meeting is expected to take place in May.
For more details, see the full Inside Toronto article.