Little Known Brewing Launches with Je Ne Sais Quoi Session Ale
On July 13, 2017 At 1:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Beau’s Brewing Small Batch Series Continues with Spiced Rye PilsnerJanuary 19, 2021
- Craft Heads Brewing and Blak’s Bakery Releasing Pączki Day CollaborationJanuary 19, 2021
- Royal City Brewing Brings Back 80 Shilling Scotch AleJanuary 19, 2021
- Refined Fool Brewing Tiny Batch Series Continues with Beaver Wagon Baltic PorterJanuary 18, 2021
- Burdock Brewery Releases Deluxe Helles Style LagerJanuary 18, 2021
BARRIE, ON – A new brewing imprint established by a beer distributor in Western Canada and a brewery from Ontario that it represents has released its first beer.
While neither company is named on the packaging, Don Redmond of Brew Ha Ha did some detective work to track down the source, and got the following quote from Andrea Chiodo of Flying Monkeys:
We did sort of contract brew that beer but it’s more of a collaboration with our western distributor, 49th Parallel Group. Steve (Thibault, owner of 49th Parallel) just always wanted to make a hop-forward session ale recipe he dreamed up one day. We’ve known him for so long (as the distributor of their line in Western Canada) and talked about brewing so much… well, it’s pretty rare we just talk about making a beer. He created the (brewery and beer) name for himself. We (brewed it and) canned it for him so it is showing up in the LCBO.
Je Ne Sais Quoi is available now at LCBO outlets throughout Ontario, retailing for $2.95 per 473 ml can. It’s also available by the glass and growler at the Flying Monkeys taproom and retail store in Barrie.