TORONTO, ON – Labatt Breweries of Canada – a division of multinational brewing company AB InBev – has announced that is it marking it’s 170th anniversary this year with a “current and ongoing capital expenditure program that will see the company invest more than $1 billion between 2011 and 2020.”
Following on capital improvement investments of more than $546 million from 2011 to 2016, the company has planned approximately $460 million in further investments between 2017 and 2020, including almost $117 million in 2017.
According to a press release from the company, the 2017 investments in new technology and equipment will:
- modernize and optimize brewery equipment and processes,
- increase production of new, innovative product offerings,
- maintain and ensure product quality,
- enhance and diversify packaging and labelling capabilities,
- preserve water, energy and other resources and improve and increase environmental sustainability at our facilities,
- improve employee safety and emergency response capabilities, and
- improve logistics.
For more details, see the full press release.