Wellington Brewery Announces Queen of Craft 2018 Event Series
On January 18, 2018 At 12:30 pm
Responses : Comments are off for this post
Taking place at various venues in Guelph each Friday evening in March, the series will include the following sessions:
- March 2nd at 10C: Beer Trivia – “Flexing your beer-geek muscles or absorbing it all like a sea-sponge, be prepared to bask in bubbly brew knowledge. Blind-tastings, beer history, brew styles and more.” After-party at The Common.
- March 9th at 10C: Pullin’ Out All the Hops – Taste “a bunch of the loveliest hop-forward styles from coast to coast,” with special guests Laurie Thatcher-Craig of Clear Valley Hops, Gail Winters of GoodLot Farm & Farmstead Brewing, and Kat Rogers-Hern of Shortfinger Brewing Company. After-party at Atmosphere Cafe.
- March 16th at 10C: Soup & Sexism – Enjoy beer-based soups made by Becky Hood of 39 Carden and Vicki Lees of Essen Soup while listening to a panel discussion on sexism and other issues that women face in the beer industry featuring Ren Navarro of Redline Brewing, Sonia Preisler of Royal City Brewing, and others. After-party at Royal Electric.
- March 23rd at 10C: Craft Beer and Sustainability – A look at “water management, sustainable ingredient sourcing, waste disposal practices and the industry’s carbon “boot”print,” along with a tasting of beers from breweries that are “making an effort to lessen environmental impact.” After-party at Brothers Brewing.
- March 30th at eBar: Beer & Cheese, Please – “Join our Cheese expert Jen Whyte of Taste of Craft as she takes us on a journey down the magical path of beer and cheese pairings.”
Full details and ticket ordering for all events are available on the Queen of Craft 2018 Eventbrite page. Proceeds from the series will be donated to Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis to support its important work in the community.