MONTREAL, QC – The organizers of Mondial de la Bière, one of North America’s largest and most renowned beer festivals, have announced details for its milestone 25th annual edition which will be taking place at Palais des Congrès de Montréal on Wednesday June 6th to Saturday June 9th, 2018.
Set to feature hundreds of beers, ciders and meads from a wide selection of local, national and international breweries and producers, this year’s edition of Mondial will include the following highlights:
- More than 100 new beers never available at the festival before, and the Mondial debuts of seven Quebec breweries.
- MBeer Guided Tours led by beer experts, featuring theme-based beer sampling throughout the festival.
- Workshops on various beer pairing concepts including cheese, chocolate, finger food, and music.
- The 13th annual MBeer Greg Noonan Contest, a juried tasting competition named for the late brewing expert Greg Noonan that will award one platinum and 10 gold medals to the best beers available at the festival.
- Pre-paid sampling packages including a basic package with a tasting glass and 22 tasting tickets, and a VIP package with a tasting glass, 25 tickets, admission to a VIP lounge with complimentary tastings, and other perks.
- Live music, DJs, and other entertainment.
Outside of the festival proper, La Semaine Brassicole/Brewing Week will run from June 4th to 10th, featuring beer events at bars and breweries throughout the city, and a Sorties Flaveurs series of beer dinners and pairing menus at select Montréal restaurants.
General admission to Mondial de la Bière is free, with reloadable tasting cards available for $3, and virtual tasting tickets for $1 each. Festival hours of operation are 12:00 AM to 11:00 PM daily.
For more information, see the Mondial de la Bière Montréal website, and watch for further details about the festival and surrounding events to be announced in May.