HALIFAX, NS – North Brewing has announced that it will be releasing five special collaborative beers in celebration of the Canadian Brewing Awards & Conference, which is taking place in Halifax later this week.
As reported by Atlantic Canada Beer Blog, the beers will include the following:
- Aries (5.4% abv) red wine barrel-aged saison – collaboration with Tatamagouche Brewing, packaged in 500 ml bottles.
- Hapi (3.7% abv) brett Berliner weisse – collaboration with Dominion City Brewing, packaged in 500 ml bottles.
- Chrysomallon (4.1% abv) goldenrod witbier – collaboration with Escarpment Labs, packaged in 473 ml cans.
- Caltha (3.8% abv) rosehip & calendula grisette – collaboration with Ale Architect, packaged in 473 ml cans.
- Njörðr (5.2% abv) sea buckthorn & camomile Nordic farmhouse ale – collaboration with Four Winds Brewing, packaged in 500 ml cans.
The five collaborative beer will debut at the North-affiliated Battery Park in Dartmouth on Thursday May 24th as part of a Coast to Coast Tap Takeover event that will run from 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM before the bar closes for an industry event. 16 beers will be pouring in all, with the other 11 coming from breweries across the country, and all have been brewed using yeast from Escarpment Labs.
The North collaborations will also be available to purchase in the formats noted above at the Battery Park retail store as well as at North Brewing in Halifax, and Aries will also be available at Tatamagouche Brewing.
For more details including descriptions of the beers, see the full ACBB post.
[Images from North Brewing Facebook page]