LANDVETTER, SWEDEN – Dugges Bryggeri, a small brewery located in the southwest of Sweden, has announced that its head brewer – and Canadian expat – Matt Miller is currently in Canada for a series of collaborations and events, as well as exploring opportunities for Dugges beers to be brewed here in the future.
While not well known in Canada, the brewery has made inroads in the American market via imports of its sour ales and collaborations with Stillwater Artisanal.
Upcoming collabs and events include the following:
- June 8: Collaboration brew at Collective Arts, Hamiton – Baltic Porter with Sour Cherries (9% abv)
- June 15-16: Liquid Art Festival, Hamilton
- June 18: Collaboration brew at Brunswick Bierworks, Toronto – beer TBC, but likely Hazy IPA with Orange and Vanilla (approx 6% abv)
- June 19: Collaboration brew at Blood Brothers, Toronto – Session Saison with Lingon Berries (4.5% abv)
- June 23: Launch of Rye Sour with Caraway and Orange and tap takeover at l’Espace Public, Montreal
Release details for the collaborations with Collective Arts, Brunswick, and Blood Brothers are expected to be announced in coming weeks by the respective breweries.