HAMILTON, ON – Collective Arts Brewing has announced the upcoming release of a set of six barrel-aged imperial stouts created in collaboration with international partners.
Known as Origin of Darkness, the project is described as follows:
We’ve taken the epitome of barrel-aged stouts, and carefully crafted 6 variations with some of our best friends from around the world. Each partner has added their own take and ingredients to our base imperial stout (11.5% abv) and are all distinctly different from each other. With patience, time and some influence from the Canadian winter, these brews have bided their time in Kentucky Bourbon Barrels and now releasing at all once.
The partners and their variations on the beer are as follows:
- Brewski (Helsinborg, Sweden) – strawberry and lemon balm
- Donut Monster (Hamilton, Canada) – toasted coconut, vanilla and lactose
- Forbidden Root (Chicago, USA) – radish honey, guajillo peppers and cocoa nibs
- KEX Brewing (Reyjkavik, Iceland) – vanilla, Icelandic sea salt and Omnom cocoa
- Moon Dog Brewing (Melbourne, Australia) – black truffles
- Wild Beer Co. (Somerset, UK) – caramelized white miso
The series will be released on Saturday November 17th at the brewery during Origin of Darkness Day, featuring tastings of the beers and the chance to purchase individual bottles and full sets. For more details and to purchase tickets for the event, see the full announcement on the Collective Arts website.
Source & Photos: Collective Arts Brewing website