Nova Scotia Craft Brewing Documentary “Sociable!” Now Streaming Online
On January 21, 2019 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Unfiltered Brewing Releasing 2019 Vintage of Commissar Russian Imperial StoutApril 18, 2019
- Roof Hound Brewing Garage Band Hazy Pale Ale Now in BottlesApril 16, 2019
- Stillwell Launches Bar Retail Sales for Stillwell Brewing BottlesApril 16, 2019
- 2 Crows Brewing Releasing Grace Barrel-Aged Blended SourApril 11, 2019
- King Street Beer Company Opening Soon in Bridgewater, Nova ScotiaApril 5, 2019
HALIFAX, NS – A documentary film about the craft brewing scene in Nova Scotia is now available to watch online via Vimeo.
Sociable! was produced by part-time filmmakers Helen MacGillivray and Chris Thomas, who travelled throughout Nova Scotia from 2014 to 2016 to film and interview at every brewery open in the province at the time.
The resulting hour-long film made its public debut at Good Robot Brewing in October 2016, and has been screened at a number of Nova Scotia breweries and beer events in the two years following.
The online version of Sociable! can be streamed for free at a variety of resolutions up to and including full 1080p HD.
For more details, see the Sociable! Facebook page.
- Greg C. is drinking a Streetcar Delay IPA by The Six Brewing Co. at King & DufferinFirst batch from new brewer Chris Tower still has the good balance of earlier versions, but with more oomph and bounce to the hops. Great!
- Greg C. is drinking a Rhubarb Saison by Wellington Brewery at King & DufferinAs when I first tried it in 2017, I don’t find much rhubarb in this beer. But it’s a nice - albeit fairly simple - saison that refreshes.
- Greg C. is drinking a TONNE (Bottle-Conditioned) by Great Lakes Brewery at King & DufferinEvidence of barrel aging is nicely presented via notes of white wine & touches of oak & funk. Finish is dry & masks high abv very well.
- Greg C. is drinking a South Etobicoke Brewers Collab #1 by Great Lakes Brewery at King & DufferinTropical fruit cocktail, juicy grapefruit & tangerine, a touch of pine - basically everything expected from a great NE pale ale.
- Greg C. is drinking a Meanwhile... Down In Moxee by Great Lakes Brewery at King & DufferinStarts with lots of fruit - mango, papaya, tangerine, pineapple & more - but finish is oddly sharp, leaving a less positive final impression