Taking place each Friday evening in March, the series will include the following sessions:
- March 1st at Wellington Brewery: The Great Race – A scavenger hunt style event where teams will “explore every step of the life of a beer, from early beginnings as a wee grain of malted barley, to the final product coming off of the canning line.”
- March 8th at 10C: Mastering Malts – A hands-on workshop that will “examine the formulation of a grain bill, the transition from barley to malt, alternative grains and agricultural practices.”
- March 15th at 10C: Beer & Cheese PLUS – “Expand our knowledge of fermented foods [and] explore all things fermented (cheeses, sourdough, and veggies) paired with unique Ontario craft brews.”
- March 22nd at 10C: Return to the Roundtable – A panel session that will “delve into current and cutting edge topics in the craft beer industry.”
- March 29th at venue tbc: GLOB (Gorgeous Ladies of Beer) – An evening of craft beer and women’s wrestling, with more details to be announced in February.
A collaborative Queen of Craft beer will be brewed at Wellington on January 27th and will be available to purchase at the brewery in time for the series in March.
Full details and ticket ordering for all events are available on the Queen of Craft 2019 Eventbrite page. Proceeds from the series will be donated to Guelph-Wellington Women in Crisis to support its important work in the community.
Source & Photo: Wellington Brewery press release