Bannerman Brewing Now Open in St. John’s
On May 13, 2019 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Landwash Brewery Releases Caribou Hill Coconut Biscuit Brown AleMay 28, 2021
- Landwash Brewery Releases Saison Da PearlMay 19, 2021
- Landwash Brewery Releases Up She Rises IPA for YWCA St. John’sMay 7, 2021
- East Coast Music Association Releases 1st Annual Collaboration Beer with Atlantic Canada BreweriesMarch 29, 2021
- Landwash Brewery Limited Series Continues with Landwash DarkMarch 17, 2021
ST. JOHN’S, NL – A former fire hall in downtown St. John’s is now home to Newfoundland’s newest brewery and taproom.
Bannerman Brewing has been in the works since 2017, when it was originally planned to be called The Fire Hall Brewpub, before the new name was revealed late last year. The brewery name and tent logo has the following back story:
During the Great Fire of 1892, some 11,000 people lost their homes. Displaced, but not defeated, residents banded together with nothing more than a few belongings to set up a tent city in Bannerman Park. They weathered the aftermath of the fire and re-built the city. It’s this story of collectivism and community that Bannerman Brewing Co. proudly celebrates.
Bannerman welcomed guests for the first time on Saturday May 11th with six beers on tap for glasses and growler fills, including Sparks Joy Saison (5% abv), Shore Leave Sour (5.2% abv), Hill O’ Sips IPA (6.2% abv), Island Time Double IPA (8.2% abv), Thirst Trap Pale Ale (5.3% abv), and All Hands Helles Lager (4.8% abv).
Bannerman Brewing is located at 90 Duckworth Street in St. John’s, and is currently in soft opening mode with a limited food menu. More details including regular business hours are expected to be announced soon via the Facebook and Instagram.