Bannerman Brewing Now Open in St. John’s
On May 13, 2019 At 9:00 am
Responses : Comments are off for this post
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Announces New Mark-up Discounts for BreweriesOctober 14, 2020
- Bumblebee Bight Inn & Brewery Now Open in Pilley’s Island, NewfoundlandSeptember 28, 2020
- (Cancelled and Postponed) Canadian Beer Festivals – May 22nd to 28th, 2020May 21, 2020
- (Cancelled and Postponed) Canadian Beer Festivals – March 27th to April 2nd, 2020March 26, 2020
- Boomstick Brewing in Corner Brook Opening TaproomFebruary 28, 2020
ST. JOHN’S, NL – A former fire hall in downtown St. John’s is now home to Newfoundland’s newest brewery and taproom.
Bannerman Brewing has been in the works since 2017, when it was originally planned to be called The Fire Hall Brewpub, before the new name was revealed late last year. The brewery name and tent logo has the following back story:
During the Great Fire of 1892, some 11,000 people lost their homes. Displaced, but not defeated, residents banded together with nothing more than a few belongings to set up a tent city in Bannerman Park. They weathered the aftermath of the fire and re-built the city. It’s this story of collectivism and community that Bannerman Brewing Co. proudly celebrates.
Bannerman welcomed guests for the first time on Saturday May 11th with six beers on tap for glasses and growler fills, including Sparks Joy Saison (5% abv), Shore Leave Sour (5.2% abv), Hill O’ Sips IPA (6.2% abv), Island Time Double IPA (8.2% abv), Thirst Trap Pale Ale (5.3% abv), and All Hands Helles Lager (4.8% abv).
Bannerman Brewing is located at 90 Duckworth Street in St. John’s, and is currently in soft opening mode with a limited food menu. More details including regular business hours are expected to be announced soon via the Facebook and Instagram.