Ontario Breweries Release Beers to Mark 10th Anniversary of Prud’homme Beer Certification Program
On June 17, 2019 At 1:00 pm
Category : Beer Courses, Beer Releases
Tags : Great Lakes Brewery, Lake of Bays Brewing, Muskoka Brewery, Nickel Brook Brewing, Ontario, People's Pint Brewing Collective, Prud’homme Beer Certification, Rhythm & Brews Brewing, Royal City Brewing
Responses : Comments are off for this post
TORONTO, ON – Several Ontario breweries will be releasing new limited edition beers to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the Prud’homme Beer Certification program.
The Prud’homme learning and certification program is named after Canada’s first licensed brewer, Louis Prud’homme, and was launched in 2009 by Roger Mittag of Thirst For Knowledge to provide beer knowledge for everyone from workers in beer retail and the hospitality industry, to beer drinkers who want to learn more about beer and brewing.
To mark the first decade, seven breweries that hosted Prud’homme classes or otherwise supported the program have brewed special beers, including the following:
- Great Lakes Brewery, Etobicoke – Professor’s Pale – New England Pale Ale
- Muskoka Brewery, Bracebridge – Von Bingen Lager – Hopped Lager
- Lake of Bays Brewery, Huntsville – Founding Father – Red Saison
- Rhythm & Brews, Cambridge – Louis, Louis – Lichtenhainer
- Royal City Brewing, Guelph – Thirst – Oat Pale Ale
- Peoples Pint, Toronto – Prud’homme Porter – 1867 Porter
- Nickel Brook Brewing, Burlington – name TBC – Açai Berry Sour
For release information and more details on each beer, check with the participating breweries.
Source & Photo: Prud’homme Beer Certification press release