HAMILTON, ON – A new conference that will be “focused on education and idea sharing to improve brewery quality, performance, tap room culture, and marketing, while celebrating the strength that equality and diversity brings to craft beer and our communities” has been announced.
The Ontario Beer Summit will be taking place March 10th and 11th at Hamilton Waterfront Trust (47 Discovery Drive, Hamilton, ON), and is being co-presented by Jake Clark of For The Love of Craft Beer (pictured left) and Ren Navarro of Beer Diversity (pictured right).
The impetus behind the Summit is described by the organizers as follows:
The Ontario craft beer industry is growing in leaps and bounds and is approaching adolescence and a time when forward progress can continue in a more thoughtful and inclusive manner. Building strong communities through beer is a key tenant to this important industry so we have invited industry leaders to bring their expertise to the summit to discuss issues of the day via three streams; brewing science and brewery operations, marketing and sales, and hospitality and culture. The final session of the summit will see all participants come together for a keynote panel “All in for Beer Diversity”.
Speakers currently confirmed for the two days of sessions include:
- Tiffany A Davey, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of High Season Co
- Tej Sandhu, Co-Founder of MERIT Brewing
- Sarah Casorso, Head Brewer and Director of Brewing Operations at Bench Brewing
- Paul Jones, Co-Founder of Cloudwater Brew Co.
- Kelly Byer, Lab Technologist at CFWI
- Dusty Zamecnik, Co-Founder of Hometown Brew Co.
- Aaron Spinney, Head Brewer at MERIT Brewing
- Cam Formica, Co-Founder of Willibald Farm Distillery, Brewery & Kitchen
- Lexi Pham, Independent Beer Educator
- Karyn Boscariol, Founder of Queen of Craft’
- Matt Giffen, Founder of Bench Brewing
- Andrea Nicholson, Chef and Owner of Butchie’s Restaurant
- Josh McJannett, Co-Founder of Dominion City Brewing Co.
- Eric Saulis, Brewer at Dominion City Brewing Co.
- Day Bracey, Comedian + Writer + Co-Founder of Fresh Beer Fest
- Jen Nadwodny, Former Head Brewer at Dieu du Ciel and Independent Brewer/Cider Maker
- Catherine Oppedisano, Director of Innovation and Ontario at Collective Arts Brewing
- Louis Savard, Program Leader of the RiverLabs Branch of the River Institute
For more details and to register to attend the event, see the Ontario Beer Summit website.