CALGARY, AB – As a kick-off to its 10th anniversary celebration, Village Brewery has revealed a new look for its core line-up of brands, as well as the addition of a new beer – Village Mighty Lager – and a shift to the 355 ml can format.
“Village exists to bring people together, foster connection and create moments to gather,” says Jeff Popiel, President of VIllage Brewery, in a statement. “Community is at our core and so our brand evolution feels quite natural and exciting.”
“Our new labels showcase the uniqueness of local people doing inspiring things in our communities but the stories behind these people are what make them interesting,” adds Brand Manager Jackson Stuart. “The diversity in who they are, how they live and what they think highlights our idiosyncrasies, but reminds us that it is our differences that should be celebrated as we are all part of one village.”
The new packaging for Village’s six core beers feature photos of 12 local people including:
- Village Blacksmith Black Ale – metal artist Ian Rice and sculptor Sinéad Ludwig-Burgess
- Village Blonde Golden Ale – fashion collector Dominique Pottle and musician-model Jared Tobias Herring
- Village Wit Wheat Ale – professional clown/actor Alexa Esler and slam poet Wakefield Brewster
- Village Squeeze Raspberry Lemon Ale – community-builder Mel McKay and stylist Domingo Lumanog
- Village Nomad IPA – treasure hunter Nita Breibish and motorcycle adventurer Issa Breibish
- Village Mighty Lager – arts festival founder Hayley Muir and equitable designer Xerxes Irani
“We invited a wide array of people who see things differently and are pursuing their passions to be on the beers that reflect their spirit, such as the hands-on Blacksmith, the adventurous Nomad, and the style-savvy Blonde,” explains Operations Manager Jeremy McLaughlin. “Each can features a QR code to easily find out more about the people on the labels.”
The newly designed cans are available now at the Village Brewery retail store and online shop, and soon at beer retailers throughout Alberta.
Source & Photo: Village Brewery