CAMPBELLFORD, ON – A new family-owned brewery is opening its doors this weekend in Ontario’s Northumberland County.
Fogorig Brewing is located on a farmstead in the community of Campbellford, and takes its name from a stone grist mill built on the property in 1834 by Captain Thomas Allan who named it after Fogo, the Scottish village where he was born, and “rig” from the Scottish name for “ridge”.
Fogorig is launching with a line-up of five beers including Simple Yellow Different Lagered Ale (4.5% abv), Barn Light Plisner (4.5% abv), Barn Light Lime Lager (4% abv), Wallace’s Revenge NEIPA (6.5% abv), and Littlest Ridge Session IPA (4.1% abv). All will be available on tap and in cans to-go from the retail store and online shop.
The brewery will be opening with outdoor seating including a covered patio area, with the indoor area set to open in the autumn. Light snacks will be available, along with occasional food pop-ups.
Fogorig Brewing is located at 2445 County Rd 8 in Campbellford, and will be holding its grand opening tomorrow (Saturday August 27th) with food from Offside Smoke, live music by James Gray, lawn games, and prize giveaways. Business hours are 12:00 noon to sunset daily with the exception of Mondays.
Source: Go Northumberland
Photo: Fogorig Brewing