NORWICH, UK – The winners of the World Beer Awards 2022 have been revealed, and eight Canadian beers took the World’s Best award in their respective style categories.
This year’s competition included more than 3200 beers from more than 50 countries, with blind judging taking place in local and regional heats before the final worldwide winners were judged and awarded.
The style winning beers from Canada include:
- World’s Best Altbier – Les Trois Mousquetaires Sticke Alt
- World’s Best Dark Beer Belgian Style Strong – Frampton Brasse Nuit D’Automne
- World’s Best Flavoured Honey & Maple – Bilboquet Mackroken Flower
- World’s Best Kölsch – Phillips Brewing & Malting Cold Snap Kolsch
- World’s Best Berliner Weisse – Indie Alehouse Slings And Arrows
- World’s Best Sour & Wild Ale – Microbrasserie Le Trou Du Diable L’Ours
- World’s Best Grape Ale – Indie Alehouse Vine Song 5
- World’s Best Heritage Beer – Microbrasserie Moulin 7 Grisette
In addition being named World’s Best Grape Ale, Indie Alehouse Vine Song 5 also took the award for World’s Best Specialty Beer, a grouping that includes Grape Ale and six other style categories.
For more details including the full list of winners for 2022, see the World Beer Awards website.
Source & Photo: World Beer Awards